DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF - WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, EVA said:

Kiff being one of the most responsible voices in CFB during the pandemic is not something I saw coming.

With that said, he's my #1 draft pick for coaches who claim to be vaccinated, but in reality, they are not.

Either Tulane offense is really strong or Oklahoma defense is at 2019 levels.  Although at this point they also have 2019 Oklahoma offense right now and that was good enough for the playoffs

Yes this the first of a ton of overreactions this year ?

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maryland and West Virginia have started hot. 10-7 just over 7 minutes in.

If you didn't take the over in this game just delete your betting apps.  Maryland D wasn't that impressive to begin with and WVU secondary is weaker than advertised 

Edited by hammerva

Yeah, Georgia had Clemson’s number early, and it never really felt like Clemson had a chance. Good news for them: They’re not going to see a defense like this anywhere else on their remaining schedule, so they can get on track and be fine in the ACC. Although, in terms of their national title hopes, it should be concerning that the OL was their undoing last year, and it doesn’t seem to have gotten any better.

As for UGA, I think they can sleep soundly knowing that they have the best defense in the country. But that offensive performance was Fromm-esque. And you cannot expect to beat Bama by scoring just 3 offensive points, no matter how good your defense is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

Guys, I’m starting to think Bo Pelini might not have been the problem at LSU.

It's never going to stop being amazing that they had, smack in the middle of a long stretch of mediocre teams, a serious contender for the best single season team of all time.

15 hours ago, EVA said:

He’s talented but the Clemson OL is getting their asses whipped on every significant passing down. He has no chance out there.

Some of it was the defense but he played awful.