DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF - WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To the surprise of no one - the BIG 12's top targets to restock the conference are: BYU, UCF, Cincy and Houston.

Everyone but BYU would have to give the American 27 months notice and pay a $10 million exit fee

I was listening to a podcast today, and they were highlighting how the SEC knows its strength enough to not require a grant of rights, and some of these conferences are locked in for years (I think ACC is like 2035 right now). 

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

Not only have they lost tens of billions of dollars in endorsement, they still aren't being paid by the people profiting off of their work.  The millions they are making in endorsements are a fraction of what they should be making if they actually got their fair share of the massive profits that college football makes every year.

Yeah, we'll discuss that elephant in the corner another time.  But...yeah.  Whole lotta money that a whole lotta folks have not gotten their share of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, we'll discuss that elephant in the corner another time.  But...yeah.  Whole lotta money that a whole lotta folks have not gotten their share of.

My cousin was a scholarship football player for the Ohio Bobcats in the early 2000s, so he was in the NCAA video game for 5 straight years.  He got about $7000 for being #24 on a team no one ever played with when he cashed in for the lawsuit.  Just imagine what someone like Reggie Bush was worth to that game?

Ohio State has been dominant on defense with the exception of one play, and they’re down 14-10 at the half. The Gophers got all the breaks in the first half. We’ll see how Stroud handles adversity sooner than expected.

The boo birds are out for the Gus Bus in the first half of his first game at UCF.  Down 24-7 to Boise, punting in plus territory. 

Normally I would feel sympathy for a fan base that sat through two and a half hour weather delay for this shit, but it’s UCF fans, so everybody’s getting what they deserve here.

• Haha 1

Well, approaching midnight, Gus finally decided it would be a good idea to let college football’s most prolific deep ball thrower actually throw some deep balls, and it seemed to work out. We’ll see if he remembers that going forward or if, in true Gus fashion, it’s back to screen passes and quick outs 24/7.

Had to be hard on Boise, traveling to the opposite side of the country and then having a long weather delay that puts you playing the second half super late at night.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Well, approaching midnight, Gus finally decided it would be a good idea to let college football’s most prolific deep ball thrower actually throw some deep balls, and it seemed to work out. We’ll see if he remembers that going forward or if, in true Gus fashion, it’s back to screen passes and quick outs 24/7.

Had to be hard on Boise, traveling to the opposite side of the country and then having a long weather delay that puts you playing the second half super late at night.

That game confirmed Auburn making the right call with moving on from Gus. Gus also looks like he's aged 20 years in the last 9 months. 

14 hours ago, supremebve said:

My cousin was a scholarship football player for the Ohio Bobcats in the early 2000s, so he was in the NCAA video game for 5 straight years.  He got about $7000 for being #24 on a team no one ever played with when he cashed in for the lawsuit.  Just imagine what someone like Reggie Bush was worth to that game?

I had no idea anybody ever got any money from that.  

Just remember - the later NCAA games *DID* have player names in them.  If you edit the rosters in NCAA 11 on the PS3, for example, to use real names the game will begin calling players by their names.

3 hours ago, EVA said:

Boise's quarterback filled time during the delay by attending a Zoom class in full pads sitting in the locker room.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Just remember - the later NCAA games *DID* have player names in them.  If you edit the rosters in NCAA 11 on the PS3, for example, to use real names the game will begin calling players by their names.

I used to have to do some fun finagling on Operation Sports in the PS2 era and beyond to get named rosters for everyone.

One reason I wish I had a decent PC is to play that modded update of 14 with the new conferences, playoff, slightly updated graphics. 

1 minute ago, Tabe said:

Here's the funny thing about the money.  Most good players got less money than my cousin.  He got that much because he was in the game for a full five seasons and was the only one to wear that number the entire time.  If you go pro early, you get less.  If you change numbers between the time the rosters were put in and when the game comes out, you don't get credit for that.  If multiple people wear that number that season, you get less money.  Being a random utility defensive back who wore the same number all 5 years was pretty much the only reason he got so much.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chaos said:

One reason I wish I had a decent PC is to play that modded update of 14 with the new conferences, playoff, slightly updated graphics. 

I have tried to figure out how to get that to work and have had zero success.  

46 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm breaking out my 360 to play some '11 because I've got the jones for college football.

I still have a dynasty going on 2012 (I think that's the year at least).  My strong safety typically wins the Heisman, and most years my fullback is the runner up.  All of Texas' players are like 5'3'', 135 pounds, except for their kicker and punter, who are about 7', 450 pounds.

It's the only reason my PS2 is still hooked up after the PS3 & PS4 have been left in a box in the closet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

I have tried to figure out how to get that to work and have had zero success.  

It's not worth paying the insane prices for a modded 360, and I'm not going through the hassle of trying to mod mine.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 5:07 PM, RIPPA said:

To the surprise of no one - the BIG 12's top targets to restock the conference are: BYU, UCF, Cincy and Houston.

Per ESPN - all 4 schools will submit applications to the Big 12 next week

The wacky part is the Oklahoma and Texas are still a part of the board and would take part in the vote to accept the schools

19 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So for one night the king of NORTH CAROLINA is Charlotte after beating Duke and UNC losing.  Hell of a game especially 4th quarter 

Well, it was Duke...

• Haha 1