DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 8/27/2021

Dolfan in NYC

41 minutes ago, D.Z said:

I expected the number to go back down to normal but slowly, but it already is back to normal. Should be interesting to see this week's upcoming dynamite ratings.

What's the storyline? What'll be the urge to tune in? To watch a few mid-40s year greying old dudes come on, virtue signal & shoot the shit for old times sake while telling everyone watching how awesome they are? Yeah .. they're going to need an actual storyline here to keep the numbers pumped beyond the first couple of weeks novelty factor. Darby's great but just putting him in a match with Punk ain't it. Rest of the show is in a holding pattern .. doing away with the Hangman pump (again) not looking great, but see what comes out of the PPV

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 9:27 PM, Octopus said:

I liked the idea of the pull apart but have such few refs being able to handle Miro away from Kingston made him look weaker than he should have. Bryce trying to talk sense into Eddie was a great touch though.

I’m very excited for their match though. Before the refs came out I was loving what I was seeing.

Wasn't that pretty much every ref AEW has? 

I dunno, I thought if was the most enjoyable segment of the show: disappointed that Eddie didn't speak but then the way he handled it just made him come across as such a bad ass, "words aren't necessary, imma just beat your ass". The brawl didn't go too long, Miro started on top but Eddie took over and I was on the edge of my seat right to the end

Definitely worked for me.

• Like 1