DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/25/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Nineteen said:

I love everything about Black, the entrance and mask totally rule and hoping they keep building off this. Was a little sad he didn't do the stand on chest pin like he did to Cody though to really put over Black Mass as a murder move.

E9rmkIZVkAgjmHn?format=png&name=small

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

People probably don't catch each other like that on dives because they don't want their faces to end up looking like Matt Hardy's tonight. 

Speaking of which, how funny is it that the first show since CM Punk returned they not only book like an episode of Dark but actually start with Orange Cassidy and Matt Hardy having an ankle kick/DELETE back and forth? Tony is really willing to double down on his product. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oof, yeah, I like Kojima but that’s a pretty lame All Out match for Mox. Kojima was just in Impact doing jobs for Eric Young’s group, so there’s not even any novelty to him being in the States.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Please let it be Archer and "Murder Grandpa" Minoru Suzuki.

I got tickets to the upcoming GCW New York Show for Suzuki and it was announced today his opponent is Homicide.

The thought Suzuki and Archer reuniting for a match in AEW on top of that, well, there's a Krieger from Archer gif I don't think would be appropriate to post

• Like 3

That show kinda felt like they were experimenting with ways to pace a show that aren't the "everything builds to a big last segment because we gotta win the ratings" method that has been used for years even when there's no competition to the show.

This felt more like it climaxed with Punk and the Darby six man and the rest was the rest.

Not the biggest feeling show coming off of Rampage, but still enjoyable, and always feels like a ton of stuff going on everywhere which is fun. Cassidy/Matt was solid with more unintentional blood and Lucha/Varsity was good. Agreed that Hayter looked great. Wasn't sure at first if Red Velvet just overshot that moonsault or what but they went straight to the finish. Red's dives did look good. Another great Punk promo. 

Fun six man... definitely was not expecting Kojima to be Moxley's All Out opponent. After realizing recently it wasn't gonna be Tanahashi, I thought for sure that Suzuki would be the next choice. I like Kojima, but it definitely feels like a lesser step down and less special of a PPV opponent for Moxley, especially since Kojima just had a month run in Impact. Loved the Christian/Elite seg and a nice set up for a Rampage tag. COLTEN GUNN! Definitely here for that push, keep it coming. Still wish Lambert was backing a tag team of Arlovski & Dos Santos. Nice closing match/angle with Malakai. I'm guessing Cody's staying gone a while longer so it'll be the second year he misses All Out.  All Out is coming together nicely with a stacked looking lineup. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of which, how funny is it that the first show since CM Punk returned they not only book like an episode of Dark but actually start with Orange Cassidy and Matt Hardy having an ankle kick/DELETE back and forth? Tony is really willing to double down on his product. 

I actually liked that choice! Anyone watching for the first time gets the full Cassidy experience, meanwhile Hardy is a guy who might be a bit broken down, but still has a bit of that WWF cachet, and really brought his working boots here.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:
  Hide contents

Fozzy's tour starts 9/2 and lasts til February 

Spoiler

Pretty sure there’s not a single Wednesday show, that’s what I read online. Everyone always assumes Jericho will be gone when Fozzy tours, I don’t think it’s happened yet in AEW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Casey said:
  Hide contents

Pretty sure there’s not a single Wednesday show, that’s what I read online. Everyone always assumes Jericho will be gone when Fozzy tours, I don’t think it’s happened yet in AEW.

Spoiler

Correct. No Wednesday concerts at all, and the tour's not that entire timeframe. It's only Sept 2 - Oct 9. then he has the Jericho Cruise (Oct 21-25). and thats it until 2 weeks in the UK in December and 4 days in Australia in Feb - with those 2 parts being the only ones that would include Wednesdays

• Thanks 1