DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/25/2021

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Jiji said:

Do we get more Dan Lambert though? ? I could see him ripping on the crying Punk fan for some cheap heat, brother. Sigh me up. Archer and ??? vs. The Men of the Year at All Out with Dan Lambert on a pole? 

Please let it be Archer and "Murder Grandpa" Minoru Suzuki.

• Like 2

I actually didn't think the show was that bad. I will tell you this, I was watching with a non wrestling fan in the discord and he enjoyed it so take that for what you will. CM Punk drew - in and they stuck around. I asked him who he liked the most after Punk and he said Darby Allin and of all people - fucking Colton Gunn because he was undefeated. Said he wants to see him go on a massive undefeated streak and be like 872-0 with nobody noticing... So take that for what you will if you're trying to use metrics to see what keeps casuals/non wrestlers around.

Also, Varsity Blondes looked good tonight in my opinion. Revolution time they should be challenging for the tag titles.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Krone Meltzer said:

fucking Colton Gunn because he was undefeated. Said he wants to see him go on a massive undefeated streak and be like 872-0 with nobody noticing...

Give this man the book. 

Or this guy:

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

I am here for Bug Bubba Drake. Or maybe Eli Hughes. Angry Amish Eli?

When Drake first appeared I posted on him bettering his presentation by taking on a Ray Traylor look.  A Bubba, OG Bossman or Swat team Bossman were all on the table.  Smart choice on the Bubba.  Drake's awesome.  He absolutely eats that coffin drop for our viewing pleasure.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Jamie Hayter's catch on the Red Velvet dive was one of the all-time greatest catches I've ever personally seen.

Laid her shit in and not in a dangerous way. I'm stoked for her to quickly climb the ranks. 

Still concerned for what is going to happen to any babyface working Britt for the foreseeable future though. They have to work heel and lose by default really. Awful position for them to be in. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

If I ever see Penta El Zero Miedo doing his stupid taunt 8 times in a row again... 

I have never seen a AEW show with that many timing issues between opponents. I was worried for the safety more than once. 

Edited by MoeCristyV.1.6
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Jamie Hayter's catch on the Red Velvet dive was one of the all-time greatest catches I've ever personally seen.

Both of those catches looked like Velvet was giving her a Thesz Press. Never seen anything like it. Imagine someone with size doing that... ouch. 

• Like 1

Kenny Omega telling Christian his video backfired because it just proved he was a better athlete at 10 than Christian was at 20—And Christian’s incredulous look to that absolutely cracked me up.

Dan Lambert is an amazing promo. He could actually get me to care about the men of the year.

MJF saying daddy is out of milk, these utters are sore was maybe the most ridiculous and amusing line I’ve heard in wrestling.

CM Punk teasing/confirming Bryan Danielson was interesting and a good response to the crowd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

If I ever see Penta El Zero Miedo doing his stupid taunt 8 times in a row again... 

R.569307cf5ebfe4f035e5349aaebd7080?rik=d

Said the following before, I want to do that to Penta El Zero with how often he does that fuckin' taunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Please let it be Archer and "Murder Grandpa" Minoru Suzuki.

It would be a really natural spot to bring in woke arch-millenial Brian Danielson story-wise but that feels a little mid-card for his debut. Another great Lambert promo this week and he made the pairing with MOTY make more sense. I dig that.

If AEW were an indy I'd assume that QT Marshall owned the ring so they had to book him. 

I really liked the Black/Anderson segment. Brock got just enough hope offense between getting his shit kicked in.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Both of those catches looked like Velvet was giving her a Thesz Press. Never seen anything like it. Imagine someone with size doing that... ouch. 

I just had to go and see if someone made a gif on Twitter. Thank goodness.

Really solid episode but that ending had me feeling like "that's it?" Almost like anything else could have gone on last, the Jericho/MJF segment makes the most sense out of anything else on this show tonight.

I love everything about Black, the entrance and mask totally rule and hoping they keep building off this. Was a little sad he didn't do the stand on chest pin like he did to Cody though to really put over Black Mass as a murder move.

OC and Hardy was everything great about wrestling

• Like 3