DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/18/2021

1 minute ago, Log said:

I didn’t catch where and when the Miro/Eddie match would be. Could still be in NYC. 

The turnaround for tnt title matches is real quick. Don't think they're holding off for over a month when they've got a ppv match to book.

Jungle Boy is scalding hot at the moment. Think you gotta put JE in the cage with Young Bucks. Cannot wait for the day when there’s no more cringey Elite bullshit on these shows. They aren’t nearly as cool and subversive as they think they are. Take the belts off of them and send them on a ling excursion. Ugh.

Miro is so cool. Mox too. Two best promos in the company. 

MJF/Jericho had some good moments, but it feels like they’re gonna do this one more time with Jericho’s career on the line. Woof.

Solid show. For any other American company this would be an A show. For Dynamite it’s a C+.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That ten minute big show segment was death. 

I was feeling Andre style appearance vibes with Show tonight and I liked it.  I liked it even more when QT cut that excellent promo.  I'm totally down for QT Marshall v Big Show at All Out.  

Thought this was a much better show than last week. The multiple instances of guys getting jumped from behind was a little excessive but it kept it exciting.

Sting taking a bump through a table was both frightening and exciting. Wow.

The Moxley and Miro promos were great. Moxley running down the top baby faces and talking about people wanting to join now because they think it’s easy was interesting…

The main event was great and Jericho losing by tapping out was really surprising to me and a great way to put over MJF.

Lots of excitement all around with good matches tonight and matches being announced for next week, for Rampage, and for All Out. Sting tag was a fun brawl. Sammy/Spears turned out surprisingly very good, with some stiff knees bringing the summer of Violence in the end and Spears bleeding all over Sammy. Great stuff. Bucks/Jurassic also very good with some great near falls. The potential rematch in a Steel Cage would be excellent and definitely where I think the Bucks' reign ends. Got hyped for Archer vs. Arlovski, so was quite disappointed to instead get lame ass Scorpio Sky instead. 

Love to see Kiera Hogan getting some solid time already with two matches on the Dark shows and now going to be Jade's victim on Rampage. Hope she ends up signed eventually. Thunder/Penelope was good, Rosa looked great and was super over. Liked the main event, loved the crowd's acapella Judas, awesome crowd all night. Great pop for the Lionsault. Figured MJF was going over but still was rooting for Jericho to pull it off. I don't see how or why they'd do a quick rematch really but could almost see them going back to MJF/Sammy instead. Overall another highly enjoyable show. Looking forward to Rampage and beyond. Was interested in what matches would take place on Rampage, looks like another solid set of 3 matches to go along with The First Dance.

• Like 1

Ross had some hilarious calls tonight.  Trying to cover for Penelope's faulty run by calling upon the women's unique (but really not so unique) footwear.  Also calling out Tully for putting his hands on the ref, which Schiavone quickly corrected.   And then Jim claimed he'd be somebody that would indeed put his hands on a woman.  Jim's a proud man.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

3 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Ross had some hilarious calls tonight.  Trying to cover for Penelope's faulty run by calling upon the women's unique (but really not so unique) footwear.  Also calling out Tully for putting his hands on the ref, which Schiavone quickly corrected.   And then Jim claimed he'd be somebody that would indeed put his hands on a woman.  Jim's a proud man.  

Labors of Love.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That Sting table bump was WILD.

Spears/Sammy was dope. 

They better do Bucks/JE in the cage.

Hook Miro/Eddie into my veins.

It's crazy how they have made 2.0 and Garcia into bonafide live tv acts in a few weeks.

Loved the Mox promo

Brock is gonna die next week.

I freaking love Thunder Rosa.

Jericho/MJF was pretty good...it ended the right way.

Bring on RAMPAGE & THE FIRST DANCE!!!

• Like 5

Just now, elizium said:

I'd argue that they're trying to be as uncool as possible, but eye of the beholder and all that

Yeah I see them trying to be as forced and corny and over the top as possible...and they are doing a phenomenal job lol

• Like 4

2.0 has gone completely above and beyond everything asked of them and if they keep it up they're gonna earn themselves a fluky title run in the future.

Says a lot that Khan and Sting already trust them enough to work a big match with him and do things like hit him with a table powerbomb. Was that what Rollins hurt Sting with? I legit can't remember

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, elizium said:

2.0 has gone completely above and beyond everything asked of them and if they keep it up they're gonna earn themselves a fluky title run in the future.

Says a lot that Khan and Sting already trust them enough to work a big match with him and do things like hit him with a table powerbomb. Was that what Rollins hurt Sting with? I legit can't remember

Seth hurt Sting with a buckle bomb.

• Like 2

That was fun.  Not a workrate episode but I LOVED the complete preposterousness of the Sting finish. I love that Sammy Guevara match was pretty much executed so that Jim Cornette could bitch about it.  I hated the picture in picture during the Ford/Rosa match- as it was pretty good and it killed the momentum.  Arn Anderson was fucking awesome tonight getting over Tommy End and the sacrifice of his son to him.  So was Tully.  FOUR HORSEMEN!  And they get over the Fujiwara Armbar!

• Like 3