DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/2/21

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Jake Something def. John Skyler (9:28) after the Black Hole Slam

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 2, 2021

*Taylor Wilde, Jordynne Grace, & Rachael Ellering def. The Influence (Tenille Dashwood, Madison Rayne, & Kaleb with a K) (5:17) when Taylor pinned Kaleb with a german suplex.

*Decay (Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus) def. Fallah Bahh & No Way (8:00) when Steve pinned Fallah after the diving DDT. Prior to the match, Tasha Steelz & Savannah Evans attacked Rosemary & Havok, causing a chase to the back.

*Moose in-ring promo. He says he hates heroes and calls out Eddie Edwards. Eddie comes out and attacks Moose with his kendo stick until W. Morrissey came out to help Moose beat up Eddie.

*Josh Alexander(c) def. Jake Crist (5:31) after the C4 Spike to retain the X Division Championship in an open challenge. After the match, Gia Miller interviews Josh Alexander, who says that Impact deserves someone who is here every week and that he should be considered one of the greatest X Division Champions of all time. Chris Sabin interrupts and says he's impressed with Josh, but he's an 8 time X Division Champion. Sabin challenges Josh for Victory Road and they shake hands to make it official. 

*Rohit Raju & Shera def. Matt Cardona & Chelsea Green (3:35) when Raju pinned Chelsea after a jumping knee.

*The Good Brothers promo. They brag about putting Willie Mack in the hospital last week until Rich Swann comes out with a steel chair to attack.

*Ace Austin (w/ Madman Fulton) def. Tommy Dreamer (9:17) after the Fold

Edited by DreamBroken

Good to see Jake Crist back, even if it was brief. Always thought he was super underrated and a highlight during his previous run. Josh/Sabin should be great. Been good having Madison Rayne back in the mix as well. Cool little recap video covering Deonna at NWA last weekend too. the Myers/Beale talent skit was amusing, laughed at the one guy saying his favorite wrestler was Mojo. Brandi Lauren sticking around with the Undead also rules.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Just now, DreamBroken said:

Good to see Jake Crist back, even if it was brief. Always thought he was super underrated and a highlight during his previous run. Josh/Sabin should be great. Been good having Madison Rayne back in the mix as well. Cool little recap video covering Deonna at NWA last weekend too. the Myers/Beale talent skit was amusing, laughed at the one guy saying his favorite wrestler was Mojo.

I was laughing a lot at "You're cut! You're cut!" haha. I know Impact is the least notable of the big American promotions these days but that package really made Deonna feel like a huge deal. Was never a fan of the Crists but Josh vs. Jake was really good and I really dug the main even too. Impact's been on a good little run recently, wasn't really sure what was up with the EY/Rhino Segment but kind of hoping it full crazy like the old Jake Roberts/Warrior segments that.... sadly didn't lead to anything.

• Like 2

Fifty-two minutes of viewing time, which is 25 minutes more than I thought I would be watching. That Josh Alexander/Jake Crist match was the best of the night.  Crist made that piledriver look fucking hideous.  The match from BTI, Jake Something vs John Skyler, was good.  I'm starting to get into Jake Something.  That was Brandi Lauren with Su Yung?  Good for her.  I dig her too.  I don't know why they had that for  a maijn event; it didn't really get me jazzed for the PPV title match.  

• Like 1