DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/19/21

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) def. Havok (w/ Rosemary) (6:46) with a codebreaker and jackknife pin after Savannah hit Havok while the ref was distracted.

Impact Wrestling - Airing August 19, 2021 from Nashville, TN

*Josh Mathews & Gia Miller are out hyping up the show and the return of Christian Cage until they are interrupted by Eddie Edwards & W. Morrissey brawling out from the back. They fight until Sami Callihan runs out and hits Morrissey with his baseball bat. Eddie and Callihan end up taking out Morrissey. Callihan gets the mic and says Eddie can thank him later, but he's got a match tonight and wants to start it now..

*Sami Callihan & Chris Sabin def. Moose & Ace Austin (w/ Madman Fulton) (11:53) when Sabin pinned Ace with the Cradle Shock. After the match, Sami turned on Sabin for tagging himself in and hit the Piledriver. 

*Matt Cardona (w/ Chelsea Green) def. Shera (w/ Rohit Raju) (10:24) after Radio Silence from the second rope.

*Christian Cage in-ring promo as the new worlds champ. Christian announced that they have decided to retire the old TNA World Championship and move forward with just the Impact Championship again. Brian Myers & Sam Beale interrupted and they argued back and forth ahead of their Emergence match. Beale tried to attack but Christian laid him out while Myers bailed.

*Melina def. Brandi Lauren (2:07) via California Dream submission. After the match, Deonna Purrazzo came out with "Drama King" Matthew Rehwoldt to attack until Trey Miguel made the save. 

*Jake Something def. Kaleb with a K (1:58) in a No DQ Match after putting him through a table. After the match, Jake has a staredown with Josh Alexander.

*Joe Doering (w/ Deaner, Rhino, & Eric Young) def. Doc Gallows (w/ Karl Anderson) (14:58) after the Lariat

Edited by DreamBroken

Nice bit of excitement to the show tonight coming off Christian's return and lots going on throughout. Great to see him back on Impact. Solid pair of matches to start followed by a couple of solid squashes. Swinger being back with Locker Room Talk was the best.  Great main event. Surprised they didn't end it after the big stage crash spot, but that was cool. Everything set up pretty good for Emergence. 

I got up to 1 hour, 9 minutes!  I just discovered Brandi Lauren like 5 days ago.  I really missed Kenny Omega and Jay White, but I dug the Christian Cage parts.  I really dug Matt Cardona match.  Main event needed Jim Ross.

• Like 1

So are the main and the Melina match worth the watch? I saw bits of tonight like Swinger talking (always a treat), Sami in the ring, Christian in the ring, the main getting ready to start but it involved a Good Brother so I just kept on reading this biography of Lester Bangs that I got from the library. (Of course I would watch Tasha/Havok but the pre-show didn't record.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So are the main and the Melina match worth the watch? I saw bits of tonight like Swinger talking (always a treat), Sami in the ring, Christian in the ring, the main getting ready to start but it involved a Good Brother so I just kept on reading this biography of Lester Bangs that I got from the library. (Of course I would watch Tasha/Havok but the pre-show didn't record.)

The main was good.  You should watch it.

• Like 2