DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/11/21

Technico Support

For a match that had a foregone conclusion, the opener was damn good with plenty of hope spots from the face team.

Cody has a reality show because of course he does.

Is this Kamille person any good? I'm interested to see what Hirsh does in a match with such a size differential.

• Like 2

This is a hot show where lesser weeks are still a ton of fun.  This crowd was sorta in and out.  Quality segments throughout.  I do like an MJF v Jericho match if it finally ends this neverending feud.  Tho, I'm thankful for the excitement Nick Gage brought to these fartbags' feud.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Well, this show sure could have used a rap from the Acclaimed to make things more interesting. ?

I thought Christian did a good job of getting the crowd behind him—but the initial reaction suggests the AEW audience isn’t too keen on him vs Omega as a ppv main event.

The trios matches were cluster F’s as typical of most AEW tags. Did Rick Knox stop his count early at one point in the Elite tag opener?

Disappointed they had Wardlow take another pin fall.

Surprised they’re doing Jericho vs MJF on tv. They must really be banking on CM Punk selling the ppv because it doesn’t seem like any of the matches are going to have serious builds.

That opener ROCKED. That inside out hurricanrana Martin did to Kenny was crazy.

Everything in ring tonight was at least pretty good. Uno/Stu losing clean was deflating. The Schiavone kid no selling the Diamond Cutter 30 seconds after taking it was funny. Great seeing Britt getting a megastar reaction. Glad she's getting the main event on Friday night.

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 3

In retrospect, the Labours of Jericho should have gone Spears, Juvi, Wardlow, Gage in that order. So right now we'd be thinking "How can Chris beat MJF, when he's already dead?".

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thinking of who you put Miro against at the PPV and it’s interesting. After Christian, you’ve got Jungle Boy and OC, but I don’t think you’d want to feed either to Miro right now for fear of them getting a “choker” vibe (neither one can really JUUUUST LOSE a big match again). I presume Mox will have Tanahashi (though Mox/Miro would rule). The other guys on this plane of the card are mostly heels (or Darby, who we all presume will be busy).

Eddie Kingston maybe?

Edited by For Great Justice

6 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Thinking of who you put Miro against at the PPV and it’s interesting. After Christian, you’ve got Jungle Boy and OC, but I don’t think you’d want to feed either to Miro right now for fear of them getting a “choker” vibe (neither one can really JUUUUST LOSE a big match again). I presume Mox will have Tanahashi (though Mox/Miro would rule). The other guys on this plane of the card are mostly heels (or Darby, who we all presume will be busy).

Eddie Kingston maybe?

I'd be all for Kingston/Miro. We know the promos would be gold. 

• Like 2

I agree not their hottest show but most everything was solid.  Dante Martin looked like a million bucks.  Garcia/Darby was good, particularly the crazy hammerlock toss into the corner and the RNC counter to the coffin drop.  Kris Stratlander has a really nice 450.  Wardlow/Jericho was extremely mid and MJF's stips for their match were pretty lame.

MVP of the show was Britt Baker's swank Steelers' colors jacket.

• Like 2

I may be a Mark, but there is no way they go with Omega-cage as the main event of All Out, after showcasing it as the opening match on the premiere of their new show.  the alternative, I will leave up in the air, but I just cannot see a company like AEW pushing a main event on their PPV, that happened a few weeks prior on TV. I'd rather see Bryan Danielson as referee for Kenny Omega and Adam Page,  and Jungle Boy beat Christian Cage.

Edited by ChrisPBacon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Christian is the #1 contender. Unless they're just going to beat him down and put him out, he's next in line with an announced title match for a specific date. Given the way this company handles their business, that's the only way they get out of that match. Jungle Boy will have to wait. 

Given the way they handle their business, i just can't fathom them giving away their main event match for a pay per view they have once every 3-4 months on tv weeks prior, without some shenanigans that leads to a change in format. Knowing TK is an Ecw Mark, it makes sense as their card was always "subject to change"

Edited by ChrisPBacon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Christian is the #1 contender. Unless they're just going to beat him down and put him out, he's next in line with an announced title match for a specific date. Given the way this company handles their business, that's the only way they get out of that match. Jungle Boy will have to wait. 

You may be onto something, because the Rampage match being for the Impact title seems kind of interesting/too cute to me. 

Let me posit this: Christian beats Omega for the Impact title at Rampage by some sort of something (let's call it Cutler with the spray for now) immediately gets beat down by the Elite guys. Goes to Impact, does their TV/PPV for a few months, comes back down the line looking for either Kenny or whoever beats Kenny for the AEW title (Hangman by then?) and revives the "One more match" catchphrase.

Only problem with that is it kinda kills the whole belt collector thing, but on the other hand, how the hell do you get three titles off the guy?