DVDVR Message Board

WHAT IF...? (SPOILER TALK)

On 8/11/2021 at 6:53 AM, Matt D said:

There’s money in Carter if they find a way to continue to use her.

Do an Exiles show. I absolutely wanted more of Captain Peggy and the Iron Steve.

• Like 2

This was a tremendous episode. Loved all the changes and getting to see more of Howard and Cosmo. Korath was a wonderful goof, and it was awesome seeing Thanos so differently than any version of himself in comics and elsewhere. I can't see them managing a better one though I'm still curious to see what they have in store for us.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 4

On 8/18/2021 at 1:07 AM, odessasteps said:

True, and I'd rather see Nebula than Gamorra if I had to pick between the two. And we could have had Rocket instead of Howard, but again, I'm fine with the choices they made. 

Well, Peter Quill and Ego still appeared. 

Edited by TheVileOne

I thought for sure going into this episode that it'd be a HYDRA takeover with Coulson leading the charge, and then towards the end of the episode I thought it was the Wasp doing everything. But, Hank Pym aka Yellowjacket as a serial killer is certainly WTF material, but it oddly works. Especially with his appearance here.

Oh, and I like that all it took to kill Thor was a fucking arrow, though. I wish they would have showed what a potential Avengers team would have looked like in Phase 1 without Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Hulk around. Got a glimpse of it at the end with Fury at Steve Rogers' crash site, and Captain Marvel showing up.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Hank Pym aka Yellowjacket as a serial killer is certainly WTF material, but it oddly works. Especially with his appearance here.

It doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me, given that every characterization of Hank since the 1980's has played up Hank's mental problems.  I'm a little surprised the Ultimates version of Henry Pym didn't go harder in that direction.

At some point, i thought it might be Wanda and Pietro. 

at the end, i thought they might revisit the Captain Carter ending and this would be the same world, just now from Furys POV. 

it was in the spirit of What If with a high body count. 

15 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Same here. I still wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

The only problem is Hawkeye is with Fury when Carter comes out of the portal. I went back to check, since i had thought it was Coulson. 

Edited by odessasteps

This felt like the most What If? of any of the episode so far with the high body count and "bad" ending. I thought maybe it was an early Hydra takeover, but I dug it turning out to be Pym. I dug it though T'Challa as Starlord still is no. 1.

• Like 3

Is there any reasoning to which actors did VO work vs which stuff was done by impersonators?  Just general contact weirdness, I suppose?  Because on one hand, I'm thinking "well of course they wouldn't pay Dave Batista for a one minute cameo."  But then, in the same episode, Kurt Russell comes in for just one line.

• Like 1