DVDVR Message Board

Raw is ReLEEf - 8/2/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I swear I heard them chant "PIZZA CUTTER" at the end. Or maybe that was just me, because I was saying it too. 

You could tell they wanted to say something -- anything -- just given the start going from huge boos at the mention of Goldberg to chanting his fucking name in moments.

Football season is gonna be loud.

Edited by Curt McGirt

38 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Very entertaining main event. Rest of the show was ok besides some weird choices. Noticed fans bring more signs to shows than pre covid era these days.

Charlotte is on fire.

• Like 2

Rhea/Nia was solid. Surprised to see Nia busted open. missed when that happened. I do question why they didn't have Rhea beat Nia with her finisher since we saw Nia could take it out post match. It is good that they have finally ended the Nia/Shayna partnership. 

I skipped most of Lee/Kross, just happy to see Lee win.

Charlotte/Nikki was good.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I swear I heard them chant "PIZZA CUTTER" at the end. Or maybe that was just me, because I was saying it too. 

You could tell they wanted to say something -- anything -- just given the start going from huge boos at the mention of Goldberg to chanting his fucking name in moments.

Football season is gonna be loud.

I was there but I can't confirm that. 

WE WANT WYATT: 1, possibly 2

CM PUNK: 9, unofficially. 

WHOOOO!: Too many times to even think about counting. It was all night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Charlotte is on fire.

I can tell you the crowd was about 90/10 for Charlotte until the finish. 

There was also a fun little match after 11 between Lashley/MVP and New Day. 

Edited by Josh Mann
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

FWIW I heard it right before Nikki did the Code Red or whatever on the ropes onto Charlotte. They were chanting something, anyway.

This was the first time I'd been to a show at Rosemont, and it IS as loud as I'd always been told it was, so by the time whatever noise got to me in section 212, it was a total cacophony. 

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

The “WWE Universe” can do all the wacky chants they want, at the end of the day they paid WWE to be there, I am sure they care not one bit.  WWE is making money either way!

Sure, but the shows themselves and how they come off are there to amuse Vince (he gets enough money from just putting on whatever at this point) and those chants have a tiny chance of ruining his mood for the night. That miniscule chance may be enough for those who like to purchase a ticket in order to hate-watch something in person. The odds of it changing a damn thing are next to non-existant, but maybe he could get so worked up about it, his head (or heart) might explode one of these days?

5 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Super babyface (pun intended) Nikki jumping Charlotte from behind and waffling her with a chairshot is some head-scratching booking.  

Bless her heart, she's trying to make the best out of a series of bad ideas, but I feel we can just skip to the "I've got 3 words: 'Die Rocky Die' " part of this arc.

Super heel Rokki A.S.H. leading a bunch of goofs against Stone Cold Becky Lynch and cHHHarlotte is the feud I never knew I wanted, but now, must have. 

You even have Shayna Shamrock in there too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Super babyface (pun intended) Nikki jumping Charlotte from behind and waffling her with a chairshot is some head-scratching booking.  

I mean it isn't like Batman and Superman didn't do some shady stuff to stop the bad guys

Although given the WWE I wouldn't be surprised if they want to make Charlotte the face here.  They definitely had Rhea act heelish in that feud

Not so much constructive criticism as confusion here... but I just do not get making everyone a big time loser in their hometown. If it were my choice to make I'd make dudes damn near invincible in their hometown. It's a great story telling device. You can have a dominant heel champ go against a middle of the card guy in his home town, and if it's been built up that he never loses there it's plausible he can beat the dominant champ. There's just way more money in making a crowd go helll yeah that's our guys vs making the crowd go ugh wish our guy looked better. It isn't 1975. There's just no sympathy in making the hometown guy look like a chump.

I think Montreal broke Vince's brain in a way. He just never wants to be put in that situation where the hometown hero doesn't want to do a job at home. But it's become a big detriment to the enjoyment of the audiences.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

For a company that likes putting smiles on faces, it sure was dippy to job out Ali.

In terms of smiles, there is also a case for bothering to hype Ripley/Jax before running it.

It's WWE. The hometown guy almost always jobs.

• Like 1