DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

6 hours ago, Jiji said:

I really love how close the fans are to the pitch there. It comes off as a neat ground on television. Looking forward to it.

I wonder if any Fulham fans will show up to hijack that show or voice displeasure with the Khans’ ownership.

46 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

I wonder if any Fulham fans will show up to hijack that show or voice displeasure with the Khans’ ownership.

They inherited a Fulham squad in a bad spot, and while they have yo-yoed a couple of times up and down from the Premier League, look to be in good position now to dominate the Championship and come back up to stay in the Premier League with their current squad (and we're unlucky to go down last year based on metrics like expected goals). They have done a far better job owning and managing Fulham compared to the Jags.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Given how quickly AEW tickets sell, the chances are probably slim. But the thought of some crybaby wanker buying an overpriced secondary market ticket to a wrestling show to protest because he doesn't like how his favorite football team is run makes me giggle.

• Like 5

On 8/27/2021 at 2:33 PM, Goodear said:

My tell for that was calling a reverse atomic drop a Manhattan drop.

I'm sure he learned it from watching this video. Although he prefers "Anti-Air Dropkick" to "Defensive Dropkick."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I mean they ran Jacksonville for what 50 straight weeks without incident.  I’m fairly sure Jags fans have way more gripe with the Khans ownership than Fulham fans.

There would have to be Jaguars fans for that to happen

• Haha 6

On 8/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, Casey said:

One piece of little info from that ComicCon panel that I don't think has been talked about is that Thunder Rosa was heaping praise and stuff onto CM Punk and almost made him cry backstage before he went out in front of the crowd. That's sweet.

There's another panel floating around from a few weeks ago with Tay, Sammy & Darby that's really sweet. Tay spends a good chunk of the video telling Sammy to stop cursing because there are kids in the audience. Darby is 100% his character, he's so weird and awkward when he talks but it's kind of endearing I dunno. It's odd.

Tayhausen????????????

• Haha 1

So, is it worth worrying about FTR leaving AEW with all this "one more ride" and "top guys out" stuff? I'd be shocked if they went back to WWE ever, but they're making it sound like they're leaving. They're still in the Pinnacle, but that might be winding down...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, just drew said:

So, is it worth worrying about FTR leaving AEW with all this "one more ride" and "top guys out" stuff? I'd be shocked if they went back to WWE ever, but they're making it sound like they're leaving. They're still in the Pinnacle, but that might be winding down...

I can't see them ever returning to WWE. Like to have more FTR showcase tag team matches. I wish FTR was having the long reign the Bucks are having. As we agreed, Mox/Kingston should have ended it at Double or Nothing this year.

Meltzer thinks plans for Danielson have changed and he'll debut at the PPV this weekend. 

Dave was previously told BD would debut at the NYC Grand Slam event.

Have FTR even been under contract for a year?

Maybe they've realized that the odds of both of them staying injury-free for more than 3 months at a stretch are slim and have decided to retire before a tree falls on them or one of them is struck by lightning.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, just drew said:

I don't know if it's about them leaving so much as it is about not being able to team anymore with Cash's injury. I feel like Bucks vs. FTR has happen again someday too.

Then again it's wrestling so it might just be a work but I think that's also me hoping Cash's injury isn't as bad as they've been selling it to be.

Edited by Nineteen
confused the FTR dudes

21 minutes ago, Nineteen said:

I don't know if it's about them leaving so much as it is about not being able to team anymore with Dax's injury. I feel like Bucks vs. FTR has happen again someday too.

Then again it's wrestling so it might just be a work but I think that's also me hoping Dax's injury isn't as bad as they've been selling it to be.

Yes to all this, and I'll be stunned if it's not a work.

• Like 1

I had taken it as it'll be the last time they fight Santana and Ortiz for the foreseeable future. However Cash did post something about his arm not doing too well, nerve damage and such, so it wouldn't shock me if he decides not to wrestle anymore but I could see him sticking around in a different role.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nineteen said:

I don't know if it's about them leaving so much as it is about not being able to team anymore with Dax's injury. I feel like Bucks vs. FTR has happen again someday too.

Then again it's wrestling so it might just be a work but I think that's also me hoping Dax's injury isn't as bad as they've been selling it to be.

*Cash's injury.

I'm amazed this is still happening.

• Like 1