DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

Now that you mention that it rings a bell.  But they also should maybe not go back that far as it's tricky to mention Brodie's part in it without it feeling a bit weird.  I feel there's enough meat on the bone anyway where they were more united than ever after his passing and recent stuff with Hangman is plenty enough cause to go forward.

4 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I watched Dark for maybe th second or third time and damn, that was a fun show. Commentary was fun and breezy. It really was like watching the C-shows of yesteryear. The Wingmen were great. Loved their theme music and I wouldn't be mad seeing them weekly. Loved J.D. Drake in his Big Bubba/Mr. Hughes outfit. As a few other posters said, the Cutler/Kaz match was high quality comedy. 

Taz is really great on commentary. Dials the heel manager shtick way down, which honestly makes perfect sense as long as none of his crew or the folks they're feuding with are having a match. I also died for this exchange during Death Triangle vs Chaos Project/Cole Karter:

Starks: "(Chaos Theory) remind me of our little group!"
Taz (indignant): "Excuse me?"

• Haha 3

Very off topic, but I just got to thinking how lucky we were to get Jericho on Stone Cold's Broken Skull Ranch podcast. With the way the last three to four months have been shaping up - that's going to be one of those things in 5/10/15 years from now we look back on and go "how the hell did we get an AEW employee talking about AEW on the WWE Network".

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Bryan said:

What is confusing about that…?

That kind of support for a dipshit who's in timeout for saying dipshit things and they wish he was there live to say more dipshit things? A lot. But wrestling fans do weird stuff sometimes. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

That kind of support for a dipshit who's in timeout for saying dipshit things and they wish he was there live to say more dipshit things? A lot. But wrestling fans do weird stuff sometimes. 

His gimmick is literally that he is a dipshit that raps dipshit things, so they clearly do.

The Acclaimed were/are an over act (They’re douchebags that it’s fun to root against) and Twitter isn’t actually representative of real life.

18 minutes ago, Bryan said:

The Acclaimed were/are an over act (They’re douchebags that it’s fun to root against)

"WE WANT MAX" suggests support for his recent dipshittery rather than a desire to root against him, but okay. Twist it however you like. 

You've got your axe to grind about people seeking dopamine rushes or whatever weird boogeyman you were constructing a few pages back, so I understand you need to go to the mat for dipshits. It's weird but it's your thing. I get it. 

On 8/12/2021 at 11:46 AM, Technico Support said:

This kind of thing happens a lot in all areas of consumer products.  A company does something without necessarily giving it enough thought, and they're put in check by public opinion.  It's not about some perceived organized PoLiTiCaLly cOrReCt MoB choosing to be offended about something.

Can we please have a filter for the following?

• SJW
  • PC
  • Outrage Culture
  • Cancel Culture

It's a shame "Twitter isn't actually representative of real life" isn't as easy to filter. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

"WE WANT MAX" suggests support for his recent dipshittery rather than a desire to root against him, but okay. Twist it however you like. 

You've got your axe to grind about people seeking dopamine rushes or whatever weird boogeyman you were constructing a few pages back, so I understand you need to go to the mat for dipshits. It's weird but it's your thing. I get it. 

It's a shame "Twitter isn't actually representative of real life" isn't as easy to filter. 

Or it’s possible a member of a popular tag team was wrestling without his tag partner and new music without explanation at the show. And they just wanted to see the tag team act they like.

And it’s not a boogeyman. That was just the most charitable explanation I could come up with for why people who clearly knew very little about an event would demand someone lose their job for referencing it.

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

"WE WANT MAX" suggests support for his recent dipshittery rather than a desire to root against him, but okay.

Eh.  Yes, Max is an asshat but let the punishment fit the crime.  I wouldn't snatch him off of television because that will only generate real sympathy for his dipshittery and I think a month off is way too harsh even in the name of brand protection.

What I WOULD do is job The Acclaimed out to nearly every tag team that they've beaten..  I might even let Baron Black or Fuego score a pinfall on Caster. 

Bowens would not job.  I'd make Caster eat every loss clean as a sheet.  He might not like it, but at least he'd be on television making money.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Eh.  Yes, Max is an asshat but let the punishment fit the crime.  I wouldn't snatch him off of television because that will only generate real sympathy for his dipshittery and I think a month off is way too harsh even in the name of brand protection.

What I WOULD do is job The Acclaimed out to nearly every tag team that they've beaten..  I might even let Baron Black or Fuego score a pinfall on Caster. 

I'm not sure which punishments would or wouldn't result in real sympathy, but I could definitely get behind making fools who are out of line eat losses against Marko Stunt. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I'm not sure which punishments would or wouldn't result in real sympathy, but I could definitely get behind making fools who are out of line eat losses against Marko Stunt. 

Whatever it takes to reinforce the philosophy that being a heel and being a jerkass are mutually exclusive events and that shooty things are sometimes best left in the world of shoot.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Well at least you realize your own shortcomings. Here's hoping you find yourself more equipped to engage with these sorts of issues in the future. Cheers. 

This is pretty amusing coming from someone that was confused by paying fans not conforming to his Twitter bubble views.

Have a day, pal.

• Like 1

I don't normally get time to watch it but the ambient dumb/wtf/funny commentary from Tazz and co on Dark really adds to the show, Tazz trying to spin Cutler selling a self-inflicted freeze-spray to his own face while wearing a full mask as "he sprayed it through the [non-existent] nose holes and that caused his nosebleed" and Starks randomly claiming Statlander's eye had turned green because she has cataracts were standouts

Edited by Firebreaker Chip

1 hour ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

I don't normally get time to watch it but the ambient dumb/wtf/funny commentary from Tazz and co on Dark really adds to the show, Tazz trying to spin Cutler selling a self-inflicted freeze-spray to his own face while wearing a full mask as "he sprayed it through the [non-existent] nose holes and that caused his nosebleed" and Starks randomly claiming Statlander's eye had turned green because she has cataracts were standouts

I know the idea of a Four Man Booth is met with denouncement and spite but just try to imagine Excalibur/Taz/Schiavone/Chuck Taylor.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AxB said:

The DO split is Uno, Grayson and Vance on one side and Silver, Reynolds and Angels on the other. They started teasing that last year, like September/ October time, where Brodie was happy with one half and not the other. Then stopped the angle when Brodie got sick and stopped appearing, dropped it after he passed, and only now are they bringing it back up (Silver and Reynolds wanted to save Hangman from the beatdown, Uno and Stu stopped them).

Spoiler

The way they filmed it, the match was Uno, Colt, and V, V (kind of) cost DO the match at the very end, and Uno was very upset and berating V with Colt trying to stop him. The rest of the Dark Order came out, and the way they left was Uno, Stu, and Ten leaving together and the others leaving together.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

I was super surprised that JD Drake didn't get a Roadkill comparison, considering his outfit.

I thought the glasses gave him more of a Big Bubba Rogers thing.

• Like 3