DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

55 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Taz, Excalibur, and Flair on commentary could work too well, to be exact.

Based on how goofy I’ve seen Excalibur and Tax get on the occasions I’ve actually watched Dark…I could very easily envision that turning into a train wreck pretty quickly.

Man, Don Callous did not look like he wanted to be at rehearsal.

Edit: Angelica Risk on Dark. Mmmmmm… She looks fun.

Holy shit Red Velvet gave her a receipt for those punches.

I like this Angelica Risk a lot. Very good debut for her. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

David Crockett was awesome, being everything that Jim Ross should be.  He didn't ever say, "KICKEM! KICKEM LIKE A DOG!" though.  And they didn't go into Nikita Koloff clotheslining him though it was right there.

• Like 6

Crockett was awesome and gave me chills hearing him and Tony commentate.  And yeah Eddie had the biggest grin likely mentally marking out like a mofo.

I just wish that they had somebody that could have put their opponent in a sugar hold.  The idea of David reacting to that would have been incredible.

Tho an awkward set-up, Red Velvet's finisher looked a lot stronger this week.  Funny to hear the David Crockett praise.  I always considered him amongst the worst, but undeniably a place and time voice.  Paul Wight's fails during the commentary opening and the introduction of Crockett were pretty hilarious.  Wight's confidence doesn't seem to be helping him much.  I ffwd thru most of this episode.  Did I miss any good promos?  Or action?  Darby-Bear was pretty much all I watched.  It was fine.  I hope the Bears don't find themselves, at least for too long, in the tradition of middle of the road big bad boring dudes like The Harris Boys. 

11 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Did I miss any good promos?  Or action?

If you want to see jobbers get hurt bad, then this episode was for you. I personally loved all the enhancement talent stuff this week.

-Women’s opener was short, but fiery.

-Nick Comoroto got to look like a beast for his showcase.  

-Lee Johnson got to look athletic. I hope he gets a competitive match with Omega one day.

-Marcus Kross desperately needs a makeover, or a booker to fall in love with him. He’s actually really good outside of his horrible fashion.

-The main was an early contender for match of the week.

-Hints of Eddie challenging Miro on this episode.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If you want to see jobbers get hurt bad, then this episode was for you. I personally loved all the enhancement talent stuff this week.

-Women’s opener was short, but fiery.

-Nick Comoroto got to look like a beast for his showcase.  

-Lee Johnson got to look athletic. I hope he gets a competitive match with Omega one day.

-Marcus Kross desperately needs a makeover, or a booker to fall in love with him. He’s actually really good outside of his horrible fashion.

-The main was an early contender for match of the week.

Not only jobbers getting hurt.  Or nearly hurt.  The Bear almost killed Darby with that DVD counter to the corner.  They gotta do a better job of protecting Darby during these less than important Dark bouts.  

I actually did catch the very good Lee Johnson v Marcus Kross.  I love Kross - he's as good a job guy as you could ask for.  I'd agree with you on the look, but as a jobber on Dark I love it.  

12 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I actually did catch the very good Lee Johnson v Marcus Kross.  I love Kross - he's as good a job guy as you could ask for.  I'd agree with you on the look, but as a jobber on Dark I love it.  

He should come out as Griff Garrison's embarrassing little brother.  

45 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Funny to hear the David Crockett praise.  I always considered him amongst the worst, but undeniably a place and time voice.  

Crockett was fucking hardcore.  He took a blind clothesline from Nikita Koloff.  What other announcer would do THAT?  I wanted him to yell "KUNG FU!" during Yuka Sakazaki's match like he would during Ricky Steamboat's matches.

EDIT: HARDfuckingCORE!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I love Kross 

4 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I love Kross - he's as good a job guy as you could ask for. 

If this was the other fed's thread, the first statement is something you do NOT hear often! The second statement, I can see happening, however.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Would AEW want Alexa Bliss? Would she even want to continue being a wrestler? She's pretty bad in the ring and has a history of getting hurt easily. She has name value and is good at playing a character, but how much value does that bring to AEW women's division? Feels like she'd be better going into some other form of entertainment.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hints of Eddie challenging Miro on this episode.

Excellent, a feud between those two would hit the spot.

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

10 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Excellent, a feud between those two would hit the spot.

Please and thank you. Eddie Kingston needs some AEW gold at some point. Still think Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston should have beat the Bucks for the AEW World Tag Team Titles at Double or Nothing 2021.

• Like 1