DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Discussion

15 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Well sure, man, but life is fucking long.  Strowman is 37.  Ryback was 35 when he was released.  Sure, maybe those ages are comparable to other sports, but don't other sports have pensions?  I mean whatever, if there are guys who want to do it, that's cool.  It just seems crazy to me that anyone would want to get trained from the ground up to have a career that would only last a handful of years, especially when you factor in injuries (Strowman's back is fucked and he has partial paralysis in one leg), the aforementioned lack of retirement plan, and the idea that their training doesn't really prepare you to work anywhere else.

I don't think that partial paralysis was known until after his release, maybe the company did know and they figured he was a big enough star to keep it quiet. I remember a few months ago they did a Documentary on Sasha and she spoke about how she hid her shoulder injury she suffered from her match with Rousey. People act like guys don't still hide their injuries like guys from the past. There's still fear of guys losing their spots just like another time in wrestling. Maybe if you're lower on the card and not being used or used correctly then of course you'd probably have less issues with being sent home to nurse injuries. 

• Like 1

That damn song's been in my head since I saw it 6:30 this morning.  Which is great with me since between that and "Time Bomb" it's been taking me back to when I would obsess over MTV and these two were on all the time.  I'm really excited.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Who are we to argue with the Assassins kid? 

We are bored and on the internet. We can argue with ANYBODY! You got a problem with that, jack?!

44 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Asuka got her teeth fixed, and she's currently wearing armbrace.

I was wondering why they suddenly stopped using her.  Meltzer said she was backstage at Raw a couple weeks ago, but went home early after being told she wasn't needed.

Any idea why Toni Storm has dropped out of view?  They called her up to SDL, then used her exactly once. 

10 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I was wondering why they suddenly stopped using her.  Meltzer said she was backstage at Raw a couple weeks ago, but went home early after being told she wasn't needed.

Any idea why Toni Storm has dropped out of view?  They called her up to SDL, then used her exactly once. 

If any Superstar is ever missing from tv these days, it's due to multiple various causes. Injuries, sickness, taking time off or a break, refreshing character or gimmick, creating "absence makes the heart grow fonder" moments.

On 8/29/2021 at 3:50 AM, Ultimo Necro said:

As someone’s who’s wife still watches Jersey Shore, I’m amazed WWE hasn’t signed up Zack Clayton (J-Wowws boyfriend).  

He’s young, jacked and already has a celebrity connection.  He certainly seems to fit the mold, even if he has worked some indies.

I'm surprised AEW didn't keep using him more. But I loved how it led to AEW clips airing on Jersey Shore and they framed it to make it look like Zack was winning his matches. I'd like to see him do well, think he has potential.