DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Discussion

4 hours ago, Shartnado said:

As a side note, they are doing all this and Kevin Dunn still has his job? Wouldn't that be a thing that is a positive cost cutting measure and would improve the product as well as the bottom line immediately, but noooo...

Probably the reason he went with NK is because he likes everything he likes, including Kevin Dunn.

AHAHAHAHAHA… So much for Hunter firing him when he took over. This train never stops for no one!

Edit: We need to see a photoshopped gif of HHH being buried by NK.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Probably the reason he went with NK is because he likes everything he likes, including Kevin Dunn.

AHAHAHAHAHA… So much for Hunter firing him when he took over. This train never stops for no one!

Edit: We need to see a photoshopped gif of HHH being buried by NK.

"My name is Nick, my likes are saving money, million camera cuts per minute on TV shows and firing people at random, if you like these things, please reply."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shartnado said:

"My name is Nick, my likes are saving money, million camera cuts per minute on TV shows and firing people at random, if you like these things, please reply."

*Suddenlyyyyyyyyyyy life has new meaning to meeeeeee…*

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Big Z said:

With all of these WWE talent releases, I hope that Impact or even a new wrestling group emerges as a quality third option (and of course, works with AEW). As much as I love AEW and think that they do a good job of cycling the mid card guys in and out to go with top part of the card that features weekly, even I admit that they are getting a bit crowded with Andrade, Malakai Black, and likely Punk and Danielson now part of the company. Plus, a legitimate third company that works with AEW would allow for talent exchanges and guys moving around to stay fresh. 

Edit: I'm bearish on Impact being that just cause of years poor management that damaged their reputation, and their current TV situation being stuck on AXS. However, they are still the likeliest option among current American companies.

I'd like to see a company started in partnership with one of these streaming services. Filmed similar to lucha underground and ever week drop a new episode on Netflix or Tubi or whereever

9 hours ago, Shartnado said:

As a side note, they are doing all this and Kevin Dunn still has his job? Wouldn't that be a thing that is a positive cost cutting measure and would improve the product as well as the bottom line immediately, but noooo...

I believe Cornette mentioned years ago that Dunn's father did something for ether Vince or Vince Sr. that ensured Kevin would have a job for life. Kevin Dunn basically won't leave until he retires or dies. Now why he he has to stay in a high position I have little idea.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I believe Cornette mentioned years ago that Dunn's father did something for ether Vince or Vince Sr. that ensured Kevin would have a job for life. Kevin Dunn basically won't leave until he retires or dies. Now why he he has to stay in a high position I have little idea.

Rescued tapes from a fire.

15 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I just want to pop in to say that if I had a time machine, one of the frivolous things that I'd do with it is to travel back to about 2009, find myself, and tell myself that in the summer of 2021:

• The Rock will be starring in the #1 movie in America
  • John Cena will be starring in a movie that will also reach #1 in America
  • Triple H will be getting pushed out of the company by a bean-counter because his WWE-branded super-indy got rolled in the ratings by a company run by Cody Rhodes and Fulham FC's director of football. 

Then, 2021 Smelly would blink out of existence after 2009 Smelly dies of laughter. 

Heck, I said this elsewhere last week:

1. Imagine blowing the minds of a CZW crowd in 2011 by telling them that in 10 years that prime-time TV wrestling on TNT would have a Nick Gage vs Chris Jericho deathmatch main, it will lead into Jericho vs Juventud Guerrera the next week, and cause Pabst Blue Ribbon to talk trash online about Domino's Pizza.

2. and on that same night, the "B-show" will have a commentary team of Tony Schiavone, David Crockett, The Big Show, and Eddie Kingston.

Also, as far as Triple H is concerned, all the people talking about him and Stephanie starting their own promotion after WWE gets sold, I would be shocked if (a) there doesn't end up being a LENGTHY no-compete clause as far as those two are concerned or (b) if they are both retained with some sort of corporate middle-management position that pays them enough of a salary to placate their egos.

That said, if somehow either of the above didn't happen in the event of a sale and Hunter/Paul does get a little frisky about trying to launch his own promotion and attempting to set up meetings with television networks/media conglomerates, I could 100 percent see that being another reality check in him finding out that he's not as big of a mainstream name to Programming Executives as The Rock and Steve Austin, and without also having the major league pro sports connections that Shad and Tony Khan have, not even getting his foot in the door.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, goitre3000 said:

You're giving him an escape clause?

"He was a shitcunt because he was insecure" is exactly the same as "He was a shitcunt." It just means his shitcuntery was ego-driven, which in no way makes it ok or deserving of sympathy. He made his own bed (or used others to make it for him), he can fucking rot in it.

Goodness, no. I'm just saying that there is tragedy there.

I feel bad for King Lear, but I also think he got exactly what he deserved, you know. Same thing here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

You mean a television show featuring wrestling instead of wrestling on television? 

I was thinking more get a location, build a set and tap a bunch of episodes as opposed to being a full on promotion

6 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

You mean the NWA?

where is the NWA even airing now?

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

I was thinking more get a location, build a set and tap a bunch of episodes as opposed to being a full on promotion

where is the NWA even airing now?

I think they're on Fite and you have to subscribe to them for like 5-10 bucks a month

• Like 1

I always found it interesting that other than his physique, a lot of HHH's sensibilities seem to have been at odds with what one would think Vince is/was into. The whole reign of terror Flair cosplay, squashing almost exclusively WCW guys for two years, seems to be the anti-NY doesn't it?

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It actually would be fun to hear Taz & Excalibur ragging on him, and his Irish whip based offense for five minutes.

Joke is on you, IF they get HHH, he will be one of the announcers himself. If they have to, they will make a new TV show for him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It actually would be fun to hear Taz & Excalibur ragging on him, and his Irish whip based offense for five minutes.

It's extremely odd to me that he'd spend his whole career being so jacked up, and yet never do any strength spots ever. If you look like you could Gorilla Press a guy, you should Gorilla Press guys. And if you physically aren't strong enough to... why?

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

He's the cerebral assassin, he is using his intellect to pick apart his opponents. 

Which doesn't explain why he has no idea how to swing a hammer.

I guess because he's so smart and always portrayed as rich, too, he has no experience in physical, manual labour whatsoever. I doubt he could properly sweep the floor with a broom, or safely chop down a tree with an axe, either!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I guess because he's so smart and always portrayed as rich, too, he has no experience in physical, manual labour whatsoever. I doubt he could properly sweep the floor with a broom, or safely chop down a tree with an axe, either!

5YoGs.gif

• Like 2