DVDVR Message Board

August 2021 Wrestling Discussion

He just really misses his best friend Arn. Arn gets to hang out with Tully every week, and all Ric has is H and Shaun, who are no fun at all. 

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

He just really misses his best friend Arn. Arn gets to hang out with Tully every week, and all Ric has is H and Shaun, who are no fun at all. 

And then bring in Barry when TK hires his nephew. 

I’m not even really sure why he’s leaving at this point. 

He would be a great fit on NWA’s show really. He can make appearances for AEW if need be, but he’ll be making a lot of money working part-time for every available promotion.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I was going to make a sarcastic comment about him being Car Shield World Champion, but I JUST started seeing those ads so they're still VERY funny to me, especially the part where someone steals his yogurt and he freaks out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m not even really sure why he’s leaving at this point. 

I am totally guessing but it is possible that WWE decided he wasn't gonna be on TV anymore (especially after Charlotte said she didn't want to do stories that involved him anymore) and Ric still wanted to be on TV

If so be it, yeah he should leave if he feels like he can’t have fun playing a character before his clock runs out, and doesn’t just want to collect a check. I feel like he’s been underutilized for years by the WWE anyway. The crazy old bastard still has more charisma than 85% of wrestlers today.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

If so be it, yeah he should leave if he feels like he can’t have fun playing a character before his clock runs out, and doesn’t just want to collect a check. I feel like he’s been underutilized for years by the WWE anyway. The crazy old bastard still has more charisma than 85% of wrestlers today.

85% is really low.  Seriously, I don't think there is a single active wrestler on earth who is as charismatic as Ric Flair.  That isn't even an insult, he's fucking Ric Flair.

• Like 3

AEW has such a stacked roster at the minute, then you add in Punk and Dragon. THEN you add in whoever’s coming from Impact and New Japan, can  Bray, Cole or Flair add anything that’s not already there? 

I feel once Danielson is in they should shut the door for a while. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Personally I find Flair's ancient Crypt Keeper looking ass an absolute channel changer... 

At this point yes, but Ric Flair isn't who he was in his prime.  That should go without saying.  With that said, the biggest thing missing from modern wrestling is there are no Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, Steve Austins, or The Rocks.  There is not a single wrestler in the world who jumps off the screen like any of those guys.  There are great wrestlers, but there aren't any transcendent figures.  Ric Flair won his first World Championship 40 years ago, and he's still someone who can pop a crowd if he's not overused.  There are a lot of people who have came and went in that 40 years, and there is a reason he's still being talked about in 2021.  I don't think anyone working right now who has the potential to be a Ric Flair figure in the 2050-2060s

• Like 6

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

That being said I figure he would stay in WWE.   I know his wife is in AEW but I would think he would be a small fish there.  Especially if people like Punk and Bryan show up.  

Adam Cole is small no matter where he is

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

He’s almost completely become his character, and doesn’t like to show cracks. 

This just reminded me of him being on local TV and telling off a kid who touched his scarf. Or maybe it was the host, I dunno.

And Super Dragon is gonna be the Fifth Labour.

Edited by Curt McGirt

1 minute ago, killsteve said:

Are AEW going to so So Cal any time soon? That would be ideal for a Super Dragon one shot

Word from Dave the first California show is spring 2022. They were going to be here in June of 2020 but we all know how that went. Hopefully they come out here sooner than later, pandemic or no it’s kind of crazy to do your first show in California three years after you debut.