DVDVR Message Board

All Out III - 9/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Bryan Danielson, much like CM Punk, said that one of the big factors in choosing AEW was how the locker room handled the Brodie Lee situation and that tribute show.

I really wish Brodie was around for all of this.

Cheers, @Casey. Such a tragedy the late, great Mr. Brodie Lee passed. Kudos to the AEW locker for keeping quiet, if it got out by someone from the locker room, they'd be hell to pay. Fuck Bruce Mitchell for what he did and Fuck Dave Meltzer giving the bastard air time on WOR.

4 minutes ago, Freudian_Slap said:

God every once in a while I'll just get a bummed feeling at imagining Brodie vs Eddie in front of a packed super hot crowd

I see it differently, albeit born out of tragedy, this is one of those precious rare instances where being ‘good people’ for its own sake, in a snake pit of a business, pays dividends that no amount of dollars and zeroes could.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 1

Punk describing the match possibilities as a playground moving forward is for fucking true. Endless. Punk vs. Malakai. Malakai vs. Darby. Punk tagging with Stanger n Darby. You could Fire Pro/WAR random match selection and you'd likely end up with a really fucking cool pairing that hasn't been thought about a whole lot.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Punk describing the match possibilities as a playground moving forward is for fucking true. Endless. Punk vs. Malakai. Malakai vs. Darby. Punk tagging with Stanger n Darby. You could Fire Pro/WAR random match selection and you'd likely end up with a really fucking cool pairing that hasn't been thought about a whole lot.

I thought the same thing. Right now AEW could legitimately do the South Park “seals with balls” bit with their top 10 faces and their top 10 heels and it would produce a hell of a program. It’s all on fire right now. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

It might be a bit of an overstatement on my part as I enjoy this post-show buzz, but I honestly think this is eventually going to be looked at as a BATB '96 or WM XIV type of night.

It feels like it. Wrestlemania 30 should've paved the way for a new WWE golden era but their failure is AEW's opportunity for something really special. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, Jiji said:

8 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I thought the same thing. Right now AEW could legitimately do the South Park “seals with balls” bit with their top 10 faces and their top 10 heels and it would produce a hell of a program. It’s all on fire right now. 

Hey... who owns the Battlebowl trademark?

• Haha 2

And just to put a stamp on it, fuck WWE for spending the past 4 years trying to monopolise and stamp down on pro-wrestling, not just in the US, but worldwide. Thank you to the Elite for refusing to compromise what they loved and being prepared to back themselves and an opportunity. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Man what a show. I'm still buzzing from it. From start to finish (well the QT Marshall match was the lone exception) it was amazing. There really wasn't a bad match last night. Everything served a purpose.

It's very rare I can honestly say I have nothing negative to say. Loved Ruby Soho's debut. I was legit surprised by Adam Cole being there. Marked out for Bryan Danielson.

This was a show for the ages.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, matwarz said:

And just to put a stamp on it, fuck WWE for spending the past 4 years trying to monopolise and stamp down on pro-wrestling, not just in the US, but worldwide. Thank you to the Elite for refusing to compromise what they loved and being prepared to back themselves and an opportunity. 

They came close..     i'm not even entirely sure how they didn't.    Japan was going to be tough to crack but they stole the whole U.S. indy scene and the uk.   

if any one thing happens differently...    

Cody was bummed so he leaves.  Bucks and Omega were rumored to WWE for a year or so after they had signed AJ Styles.  

Then someone gets in Jericho's ear...   

i mean we joke about Cody, Jericho and even The Elite but NONE of this happens without those 5 guys.  None of it.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

It makes you wonder how many balls Tony can keep in the air with this company. There's guys like Archer, originally a big catch, who do nothing. There's super talent like Ricky Starks that are probably on Dark or Elevation. They gotta fit Hangman back in when he returns, and Butcher is back to do... what? It is literally a rotating lineup and working that has to be weird for all involved. 

Wasn't this something that we all talked about with WWEs brand split?

They have 300 wrestlers but only feature the same 40-50 people all year round.

I'm perfectly happy for AEW to sign the best talent and ROTATE them in and out through the year.

I also think that we have to get out of the WWE conditioning that has us thinking that if you aren't pushed into the main event then you aren't getting pushed.

Guys like Miro, Black, Andrade etc didn't leave WWE because they wanted to be world champs. They just want the freedom to be able to express themselves in the ring.

They get to do that in AEW.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 10

Just now, EVA said:

I think about this far too often.

it was all there for Bryan,  The Shield,  The Wyatts and Cesaro to lead them into the future.  in fairness,  WWE did do it right with the women's division and now look who their biggest stars are?  Outside of Roman and a couple part timers..  the big stars are all women.   Amazing how if you treat something with respect and pay attention to detail what can happen.. 

• Like 10