DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/28/2021 - Fight for the Fallen

15 hours ago, matt925 said:

Threatening to pull future ads = all bad. Hopefully this doesn’t snowball more. 

AEW and Tony Khan had to have known this was a possibility and a risk. If they didn't, they they are just stupid and naive. Tony Khan was talking about this before the TNT debut at Fyter Fest in 2019. 

They might want to avoid something the level of a Death Match other than for PPV only. Or increase the rating level appropriately.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, ChrisPBacon said:

Been going over in my head who would be the right guy to dethrone Miro.  I've heard Jungle Boy tossed around a lot, but I'm thinking how awesome it would be for the "Spanish God" to beat "Gods favorite champion".  Sammy is red hot too, if they keep his momentum up, the pop would be huge for that win.

Eddie Kingston, at the New York show

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Technico Support said:

You know some snitch-ass Twitter jackoff @'d Dominos, sending them the offending video.

Like Bix doesn’t do the same shit about anything and everything WWE might do that is shades of grey…

Hell, Bix narcs out indies who might be exceeding building fire code capacity.

/rant

• Like 2

While I think the whole Dominos thing is crap and resulted from a bunch of Cornette cult members trying to appeal to him, it is time for AEW to calm down on the blood.   Or at least make them more important.  I mean I fully expect at least Cody to bleed against Malachi Black and wouldn't be surprised if Black does the same thing.  Why because why not

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Technico Support said:

You know some snitch-ass Twitter jackoff @'d Dominos, sending them the offending video.

10 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I don't know how much I'd really blame Twitter hall monitors for this. Running this kind of content at this level will always pose a risk for backlash. Either they're prepared and willing to withstand it, or they don't run it. Hope they stand their ground, the network doesn't pitch a fit, and they run another in a few months. 

Y'all consider the possibility that multiple people at Dominos tuned in at the scheduled time for their ad to make sure it went off without a hitch? I think there are two chances that "cancel culture" had anything to do with this, and Slim just left town.

• Like 2

WON:

Chris Jericho beat Nick Gage in a no DQ street fight in 13:35. This match was insane. I hated it personally but it absolutely worked to the live crowd and you really have to go **** or even more for it because it both worked for the audience and as far as the execution and building it was great.

Oh, Meltz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

WON:

Oh, Meltz.

Yeah, I read that last night and rolled my eyes. I'm fine with the star ratings he gives stuff. It's his opinion. But he can also maintain negative opinions of stuff and not give it a star rating...

• Haha 1

That opening video + the ramp/light entrance + ring apron introduction for Hangman & Dark Order is arguably my favorite moment in wrestling from 2021 so far. I didn't know just how invested i was in this story until that moment. When Page fully goes over the roof will blow off whatever arena they're running.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:39 AM, Eoae said:

Crowd was primed for Dark Order & Page to go over.  I assume the story will continue somehow, but it took me out of the rest of the show some.  Weird booking.

same for me. I was really looking forward to FTR/S&O, but felt very deflated after the elimination tag and never got back into the show fully. 

@S.K.o.S.is right that based on the story they're telling, Page SHOULD fail and the Dark Order should stick by him, but man, it really did take a lot of the energy out of the crowd. 

On 7/29/2021 at 8:02 AM, Technico Support said:

The hair makes him more Dashing than his bald teammate  You have to have Cash to get haircuts.  That's seriously how I remember, because I'm a fucking lunatic.

my stupid pneumonic device for FTR:   Bald may be beautiful, but Hair is CASH money.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Like, what do star ratings mean if they’re not even representing your opinion anymore?

Completely see your point, but at the same time, I kind of respect Dave's willingness to admit it wasn't his thing but the crowd loved it. But yeah, I don't know what the right answer is either, truthfully. "I gave it 1, the crowd acted like it was 5+... let's settle at 4." I guess the comparison would be something like Rock/Hogan at Mania that year: not necessarily a technical classic, but they were spoon feeding it to that whole arena so brilliantly you kinda have to acknowledge it?

• Like 1