DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/28/2021 - Fight for the Fallen

Is it next Wednesday yet? I kind of want it to be next Wednesday already.

Why not "Fyte for the Fallen?"

Anyway, it looks like the card is already pretty much set and I have got some time to kill...

Tony Khan announces a new live event

I wonder if it will be a New Year's Day event? There are more than a few interesting rumour-based things I'm wondering about and I wonder if Tony Khan will get into any of them.

The Elite vs. Hangman Page and Dark Order ten-man tag with World title and Tag Team title shots at stake

I'm really hoping for that classic Survivor Series type of feel here, and as @The Natural has said, I hope they don't rush this match.

IWGP U.S. Champion Lance Archer vs. Hikuleo 

Coming off an excellent main event, I'm interested to see what Archer and Haku's nephew/adopted son can do in the ring.

Christian Cage, Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus vs. Angelico & Private Party

With that look that Jungle Boy gave when Luchasaurus hoisted Christian onto his shoulders, I'm wondering if they are going to do some sort of slow-burn build to a match between JB and Cage. I'm curious who the bad guy will be in that scenario. Obviously, the eventual match has the potential to be excellent. This match should be fun.

Santana & Ortiz vs. FTR

Sometimes it's better not to get your hopes up to high, so you don't end up disappointed. My hopes are sky high here, though, and I'm not too worried about it.

Five Labours of Jericho, pt. 2: Chris Jericho vs. Nick Gage in a no rules DQ match

I'm actually a little nervous about this one. I guess that kind of unpredictability is something that Gage brings to the table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for the shout out, @Gordberg.

Like you, I want it to be Wednesday already. I just hope The Elite vs. Adam Page/The Dark Order and FTR vs. Santana/Ortiz get the match timings right particularly the former match for how big it is and we don't get a rush job of eliminations. Match times and pacing are so key. You don't want a match getting short changed or overstating its welcome. Sometimes AEW matches do need trimming by 5-10 minutes. Glad FTR and Santana/Ortiz get a showcase two on two tag again. Been a while.

If I booked, The Elite vs. Adam Page/The Dark Order take the whole second hour from entrances, the match (30-35 approximately) and post match. I'd have left Christian Cage/Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus vs. Angelico/Private Party off the show for next week's instead.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Adverts for Dynamite should consider advising people to seek medical attention if "It's a great time to be a wrestling fan!!!~!" lasts more than four hours. 

They should hire coroners to hangout outside of people’s homes with AEW shirts like it’s a grind house theater.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I selfishly hope the announcement is the first California show, like a major show in LA. Since New Years is a Saturday and it’s right between ppvs I could definitely see the announcement being the first tnt special (regardless of location). We shall find out!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 1:05 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They should hire coroners to hangout outside of people’s homes with AEW shirts like it’s a grind house theater.

"RUN THE GODDAMN SIREN! I'm paying for it!" "I can circle, but it's gonna cost you more." "Oh for Christ's sake..."

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Anybody here going to the show? If you are, can you start a “Jailbird” chant at Gage in the cadence of a “Goldberg” chant?

First Wrestling event for me since a February New Japan USA Show in Durham prior to the COVID shutdown , I will se what I can do about this.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Justin877 said:

First Wrestling event for me since a February New Japan USA Show in Durham prior to the COVID shutdown , I will se what I can do about this.

I went to that same event!  Was able to knock Tana off my bucket list.

All that's left now is SZKG.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 2

Adam Hangman Page has to beat Kenny Omega for the AEW World Championship at All Out.

Questions:

• What combination of the Dark Order goes for the AEW World Tag Team Championship held by the Young Bucks?

If you asked me before, I'd go with John Silver/Alex Reynolds but I have a plan for John Silver so Evil Uno/Stu Grayson.

• Do the Dark Order win them on the same show to go with Adam Page's victory?

I think so. Makes for better optics that both succeed going from challengers to champions. I was open to a suggestion here on the board that Santana and Ortiz beat the Bucks at AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam for them but I'd go with the Dark Order for reasons I've given.

• What about John Silver beating Miro for the TNT Championship to go with Page and the Dark Order winning championships? Isn't it too soon for Miro to lose it?

I like the idea of the Dark Order holding three titles. Hell of a turnaround from the start of the Dark Order getting hated to becoming loved from the late, great Mr. Brodie Lee and Being the Elite. It is probably early for Miro to drop the belt. I do think John Silver should be the next champion when it's time for Miro to lose it.

Thoughts?