DVDVR Message Board

SDL is the Missionary Position - 7/23/2021

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, DEAN said:

YAY! Toni Storm on Smackdown!  I didn't quite comprehend her finisher but.... YAY!  Toni Storm on Smackdown!

It Looks like a Safer version of that Finisher she murdered Zoey Stark with on in NXT. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Smilin’ Finn just doesn’t do anything for me

Need the Finn Balor from his second NXT run instead.

Looking forward to Reigns vs. Balor still going on their past matches together.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, DEAN said:

YAY! Toni Storm on Smackdown!  I didn't quite comprehend her finisher but.... YAY!  Toni Storm on Smackdown!

10 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

It Looks like a Safer version of that Finisher she murdered Zoey Stark with on in NXT. 

Brutal.

• Like 1

Dug the opening with Cena.

Edge and Seth's segment wasn't too bad.

Toni's debut was decent.

Finn/Sami was solid.

Dug the Corbin/K backstage segment.

Jimmy/Dominick was decent.

Roman's promo was great and I'm pretty damn excited for Finn/Roman. Was good seeing the crowd so damn excited for it.

Finn/Roman happening already is a surprise. I figured it would be post Summerslam if it was going down. I assume this means Cena is unable to actually work Summerslam. Curious for when they reschedule the match with Roman. Its a big four ppv kind of match though it missing out here in favor of Roman/Finn kind of makes me happy as it does make Finn feel like a bigger deal.

This was solid-good episode.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that still expects Cena vs Reigns at Summer Slam? Like what makes anyone think this is the actual direction? Cena was on this show hyping up fighting Reigns. I'm not always right but Imma def put a $5 on Cena vs Reigns still being the match lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nineteen said:

Really liked most of the show but was anyone else surprised the Big E/Crews/Roode and Ziggler/Nakamura/Cesaro thing didn't end up with a Teddy Long special tonight (Holla holla)

They actually did do the match for the live crowd while they were showing the Rolling Loud festival portion of the show.

I'm actually liking Baron Corbin as Ol' Gil from The Simpsons. I hope that the next time he wins a match or someone gives him money he goes, "Ol' Baron'll be eating food tonight!"

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Brutal.

It's a Dean Allmark move, although Dean does it into a Cutter and Toni does it into a DDT. But after Toni moved to the UK she got extra training under Deano, and she asked him if  she could use the move before using it in NXT. Zoey made it look like a crazy headspike but she actually just did a handstand.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

It's a Dean Allmark move, although Dean does it into a Cutter and Toni does it into a DDT. But after Toni moved to the UK she got extra training under Deano, and she asked him if  she could use the move before using it in NXT. Zoey made it look like a crazy headspike but she actually just did a handstand.

6 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Am I the only one that still expects Cena vs Reigns at Summer Slam? Like what makes anyone think this is the actual direction? Cena was on this show hyping up fighting Reigns. I'm not always right but Imma def put a $5 on Cena vs Reigns still being the match lol.

Cena's being advertised for 15 shows leading up to SummerSlam.  I feel like it's all but certain he's wrestling Roman on the PPV.

Heyman singing what I can only describe as as a kazoo version of Cena's theme as he walked off was hilarious.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Storm's finish on Smackdown was the 'standard' Ruby Cutter, which makes sense. She's much better as a face. Pat McAfee actually noting her previous finish was Storm Zero showed way too much knowledge of the product, was actually kinda hilarious. 

Refreshing that. Really like Pat McAfree on commentary.

24 minutes ago, nofuture said:

If anything, I think McAfee has made Cole better.  He seems a bit more lively and not so robotic.  I think Cole has even said McAfee has revitalized him on commentary.

I guess that leaves Mecha Mummy and Dave Meltzer as the last two robots in wrestling.

I wish Cena was full time for good again, he's made everything more exciting already. I've thought SD has largely sucked for the past 2 years, this may have been the most I've enjoyed an episode since from what I saw.

Watched Bianca/Carmella, always dig the unique atmosphere type venues that differ from the normal every other event look. Toni Storm debut was cool, poor Zelina. Finn's done nothing for me since last main roster run.

the Corbin backstage bit was genuinely hilarious. The way he sold the nutshot was classic. The first time I've enjoyed anything Kevin Owens related in years. I could maybe get behind them as a unit with Corbin turning unlikely face. 

Edited by DreamBroken