DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

Never change Urban

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31959018/urban-meyer-use-winners-losers-drill-help-determine-jacksonville-jaguars-cuts

Tim Tebow lined up against Chris Manhertz and the two players went at it one-on-one in a special teams blocking drill at the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice on Wednesday.

Manhertz won the matchup and immediately "Winner, Manhertz" was broadcast over the loudspeaker. The two went at it three more times and the final tally was 2-2 -- and each time the winner's name was announced.

That happened throughout the practice with various one-on-one drills, and while it's part of head coach Urban Meyer's plan to create a competitive atmosphere, keeping track of the winners and losers also is going to be a significant part of how he and his staff make roster decisions.

Win more of those matchups than you lose, as well as in whatever other competitions the Jaguars will track throughout the rest of camp, and you'll have a much better chance of making the team.

Other people have disputed that tweet

Plus as other have pointed out - the Eagles would be paying something like over $50 million to two QBs who probably won't play for them this year

Basically - most people are calling bullshit on that "report"

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 4:47 AM, BrianS81177 said:

The Browns gave Nick Chubb a 4 year extension. Sadly, I have yet to see anyone reporting it use the headline "Browns extend Chubb"

Well, if you're going to make the obvious joke, I'd go with "Browns' Chubb won't be going anywhere for awhile"

Or "Browns keep their Chubb"

I kinda want to roll with "Browns talk contract extension with Chubb, eventually rub one out" but that feels like its pushing the gag to its breaking point.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

Well, if you're going to make the obvious joke, I'd go with "Browns' Chubb won't be going anywhere for awhile"

Or "Browns keep their Chubb"

I kinda want to roll with "Browns talk contract extension with Chubb, eventually rub one out" but that feels like its pushing the gag to its breaking point.

First, I would like to say thank you for adding the word gag to this series of dick jokes.  

Second, I don't want to sound like a jerkoff, or beat this joke into the ground, but upon completion of this contract extension as a Browns fan, I think having more Chubb in my life is one hell of a happy ending.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also in the "personal and private" entry of excuse:  Cam Newton.  

So, "no", he means "no."

Didn't he get COVID last season and then claimed that he couldn't remember shit?  I would have been first in line if I was him, the scariest part of COVID to me...you know other than death...is the cognitive effects.  I'm one of those people who can remember minute details of shit from 29 years ago, and I don't know what I'd do if that went away.  

• Like 6

At the moment, I'm not seeing a big problem with putting Kirk Cousins in a plexiglass box.

Is he going to demand a door?  'Cause that might be a dealbreaker for me. 

I can go either way on the topic of air holes.

Edited by Eoae
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Love that Jason Garrett is pulling the "call me Coach not Jason" card to the New York/New Jersey media yesterday.  That will go well 

Such a bizarre stand to take.  If I'm a reporter, I'm likely to call him Jason or Mr. Garrett.  He's not MY coach, why would I call him by that title?

Edited by Tabe

25 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Such a bizarre stand to take.  If I'm a reporter, I'm likely to call him Jason or Mr. Garrett.  He's not MY coach, why would I call him by that title?

When you are a self-important asshole, you suggest people do all types of unreasonable shit based on nothing but your own ego.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Tabe said:

Is this a generational thing?  I've met a fair share of college coaches (and a couple pro assistants) over the years and just naturally called them "Coach."  Even when I'm just talking about someone instead of to them, I refer to them as "Coach" more often than not.  Same for retired coaches.  I can't imagine walking up to, say, Jason Garrett and calling him "Mr. Garrett,"

I dunno,  People around me do the same thing.  I just assumed most people addressed coaches as "Coach". I don't really see an issue with Garrett wanting to be addressed as "Coach".

Edited by Eoae

7 hours ago, Eoae said:

Is this a generational thing?  I've met a fair share of college coaches (and a couple pro assistants) over the years and just naturally called them "Coach."  Even when I'm just talking about someone instead of to them, I refer to them as "Coach" more often than not.  Same for retired coaches.  I can't imagine walking up to, say, Jason Garrett and calling him "Mr. Garrett,"

I dunno,  People around me do the same thing.  I just assumed most people addressed coaches as "Coach". I don't really see an issue with Garrett wanting to be addressed as "Coach".

I generally refer to coaches as "Coach" and did so when I myself was coaching. And other people called me that as well. 

But if I'm a reporter doing my job? Nah. Calling him "Coach" implies a position of authority in relation to me as a reporter so nah. 

• Like 3