DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

On 7/30/2021 at 2:30 PM, supremebve said:

I said it when the Colts signed him,  and I'll say it again now. There is no evidence that Carson Wentz is currently a better quarterback than Jacoby Brissett.  He was the worst QB in the league last year not named Dwayne Haskins,  and his body is made of shards of glass, splinters of balsa wood, and held together with chewing gum. 

I said this shit too and all I got in response was, "BUT HE'S WITH HIS OLD QB COACH!" or whoever the fuck he's back with. The Colts are fucking dumb. Nearly as dumb as the Bears until the Bears find a way to mess up their QB situation.

• Like 1

Jacoby might be the Phins starting QB by the mid-point of the season due to either a) Tua's known health history or b) Tua's lack of performance.

It was a backup option I was pleased with if they couldn't keep Fitzmagic. 

Got to see how the kid holds up.  My understanding is he's fully healthy for the first time since he was a sophomore in college.  

The few highlights I've seen from practice are him shooting 40 yard lasers to Waddle and Parker, which... well, I can't finish that sentence because *settle down Dolfan*

Jacoby is a fantastic little insurance policy to have.  Though he may end up being trade bait to someone who gets desperate for a QB.  

I love Fitzmagic as much as anyone, but Cinderella's running out of the castle as the bell has already tolled 11 times. And frankly, it was time for Tua to take over. 

• Like 1

The play in question is under the spoiler.  It appears to be, pardon the pun, a bang-bang play.   But the defender wraps and Ibe went for the Lott-esque hit, on his own teammate, so yeah, fuck 'em.

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The play in question is under the spoiler.  It appears to be, pardon the pun, a bang-bang play.   But the defender wraps and Ibe went for the Lott-esque hit, on his own teammate, so yeah, fuck 'em.

Hide contents

Took me about 15 replays to figure out what the heck was going on but, yeah, Ibe is out of line there.  Can't be going for killshots on your own teammates.  WTF.

• Like 3

Meanwhile...

The New York Giants' first day of padded practice at training camp ended abruptly Tuesday when coach Joe Judge angrily addressed and punished his players for a teamwide brawl that included starting quarterback Daniel Jones at the bottom of the pile.

Judge could be heard delivering an expletive-laden tirade at his team after the scuffle, which started when tight end Evan Engram retaliated after a late hit to running back Corey Clement.

After ordering the players to run 100-yard wind sprints and to do multiple rounds of pushups, Judge then gave his fiery address before ending the practice.

Jones said he wasn't injured during the fight and said the Giants needed to "do a better job of controlling" their emotions and excitement during the intense padded practice.

Jones also said the players "got the message" from Judge and, when asked why he got involved in the brawl, responded that he is "part of the team."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

of course lost in all that is that Kenny Galladay walked off the field injured

Good thing it wasn't Kenny Golladay that was injured. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Meanwhile, let's check in on Giants practice and see how things are going:

"Looks like Jones is hanging his left a little low. That's going to hurt him in the later rounds."

I couldn't find the actual clip from Major League 2.

• Haha 2

FTR, Judge gets one of those.   The next time he makes guys do 100 yard wind sprints and yells at them like they're 14...  

Well, I'm sure the union is going to have a thing or two to say about it. 

From the clearly being scared straight department (for lack of a better description) - Washington's vaccination rate (of players receiving at least one dose) is now 84%

Let's see if the same thing happens in Minnesota

• Like 1

Meanwhile the Colts are hoping that Phillip Rivers is already hedging on this retirement thing and apparently Rivers isn't completely dismissing it.   But if he does come back it will be after he does his coaching high school.   

Edited by hammerva