DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

Teams are already starting to report (Cowboys vets reported a couple days ago - the Bucs vets report tomorrow)

Rest of teams start on the 7/27

Meanwhile...

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Teams are already starting to report (Cowboys vets reported a couple days ago - the Bucs vets report tomorrow)

Rest of teams start on the 7/27

Meanwhile...

I really think we're at the point we are so desensitized by injuries that we have no respect for how brutal some of these injuries truly are.  He got hurt very early in the season last year, and everyone just assumed he'd be back in a couple weeks.  From what I understand this is the latest in a series of surgeries and he's probably going to miss multiple weeks of this upcoming season.  That is a long ass time to be dealing with an injury.

24 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I really think we're at the point we are so desensitized by injuries that we have no respect for how brutal some of these injuries truly are.  He got hurt very early in the season last year, and everyone just assumed he'd be back in a couple weeks.  From what I understand this is the latest in a series of surgeries and he's probably going to miss multiple weeks of this upcoming season.  That is a long ass time to be dealing with an injury.

This is so true.  It's like when people hear a guy has a "sprain" and they dismiss it as nothing.  Sprains can be really, really bad, all the way up to actually torn tissue.  Thomas has to have been just miserable for the last year dealing with this.  That crap HURTS.  And being in pain constantly is exhausting.  It can mess you up.  And these guys deal with it all the time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tabe said:

This is so true.  It's like when people hear a guy has a "sprain" and they dismiss it as nothing.  Sprains can be really, really bad, all the way up to actually torn tissue.  Thomas has to have been just miserable for the last year dealing with this.  That crap HURTS.  And being in pain constantly is exhausting.  It can mess you up.  And these guys deal with it all the time.

An ankle sprain has to be the least descriptive diagnosis in all of medicine.  It can be as minor as rolled it, was in debilitating pain for 45 seconds, then you get up and are basically OK...then it gets to multiple surgeries and over a year of pain.  The only common denominator is that they hurt like hell.  

• Like 2

I have no idea what’s going to happen with this. 

Is the NFL gonna put him on the exempt list? Are the Texans going to cut him? I figured he was just going to no-show and the Texans would avoid fining him. 

So weird. 

Supposedly Houston's price for Watson is "5 high draft picks/caliber players".   

Twitter being what it is seems to identify Miami and Philadelphia as the likely landing spots.  

Miami would be "3 1's, Xavien Howard, and Tua"  (lol, no).   Philly would be "3 1's, Jalen Hurts, and ?"

Hypothetical: Watson lawsuit blows over, undisclosed settlement, no criminal charges.  What would it take for him to stay in Houston?  What would a realistic trade look like? 

I don't know the answer to either. 

Washington signs Logan Thomas to a 3 year deal ($24 million overall)

They sure are making a big assumption that last year wasn't a fluke and that all his numbers aren't inflated by WFT's constantly going to their safety option (Since Fitzpatrick sure the fuck isn't about that)