DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 27: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw (07/24/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

E38rkhfUYAIHcek.jpeg?1623805244

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 27: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw 
July 24, 2021
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Cory Sandhagen (136) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (136) - Dillashaw, DEC (split)
Kyler Phillips (135.5) vs. Raulian Paiva (135.5) - Paiva, DEC (majority)
Darren Elkins (146) vs. Darrick Minner (145.5) - Elkins, TKO (punches), R2 (3:48)
Miranda Maverick (125.5) vs. Maycee Barber (125.5) - Barber, DEC (split)
Randy Costa (135) vs. Adrian Yanez (135.5) - Yanez, TKO (strikes), R2 (2:11)

ESPN / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Punahele Soriano (185.5) vs. Brendan Allen (185.5) - Allen, DEC (unanimous)
Nassourdine Imavov (185.5) vs. Ian Heinisch (185.5) - Imanov, TKO (strikes), R2 (3:09)
Mickey Gall (169.5) vs. Jordan Williams (170.5) - Gall, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (2:57)
Julio Arce (135.5) vs. Andre Ewell (135) - Arce, TKO (strikes), R2 (3:45)
Sijara Eubanks (125) vs. Elise Reed (125) - Eubanks, TKO (punches and elbows), R1 (3:49)
Diana Belbiţă (114.5) vs. Hannah Goldy (115.5) - Belbiţă, DEC (unanimous)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Adrian Yanez
Performance of the Night: Darrick Minner
Fight of the Night: Kyler Phillips vs. Raulian Paiva

Rating: 868,000 viewers

For real. I have been pulling for Sandhagen's opponents during this big run of his and been disappointed every time, barring Sterling. Now that I want him to viciously knock a dude out, I hope he doesn't disappoint.

• Like 1

What everyone else has said.  Sandhagen has carried himself like a bit of a dick in the past, but I really hope that Dillashaw eats the knee that killed Frankie Edgar.

• Like 2

I'm a big Frankie Edgar fan so it sucked seeing Frankie knocked out cold for the first time ever. I'd love a repeat of THAT knee by Corey Sandhagen. Cool how we're unanimously wanting TJ Dillashaw KTFO. C'mon Corey!

Edited by The Natural

• Elsalvajeloco changed the title to UFC Fight Night on ESPN 27: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw (07/24/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Did Maycee Barber just plug a QAnon thing in her post (undeserved) decision win?

Because they pretend to care about Child Traffickking, don't they?

Sandhagen has that fight if he just stopped spinning. Still, TJ looked good. Timing on his takedowns was fantastic, he didn't rely on countering the spins alone by any means. 

I got no problem with the decision. Sandhagen's strategy from round 3 on was to just to do barely enough to edge the rounds, which is probably not the best idea when the other guy is the aggressor. Sandhagen landed the better strikes (he landed a nasty body shot in the final round), but it was a lot of space in between. Plus, he was giving up his back far too willingly. I think Sandhagen believed he was outlanding TJ at a bigger clip than he actually was (or wasn't because TJ landed more in RDs 1 and 3).

• Like 1

Yikes, that's nasty.

This feels like a loss that will improve Sandhagen's game in the long run. Be more consistent with the output and far less cutesy. 

God damn that is nasty.

• Like 2

Have I missed any word on the UFC Bantamweight Championship? Yan vs. Sterling was on my 6th March birthday, the first time a title changed hands through disqualification. Sterling won due to Yan's illegal knee.

• Like 1