DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 7/20/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I know it won't happen because William Regal went out on a great match vs. the then Antonio Cesaro on NXT TV, 25th December 2013 but I'd love for Regal to fight Karrion Kross and send his lame ass away from NXT. Second choice, Samoa Joe doing the same.

Edited by The Natural

Theory leaving during the Way family feud makes me wonder if that is his official departure from NXT.

Kushida/Fish vs. Diamond Mine was alright though Fish felt just a pinch slow at times.

Frankie's match was ok. Not sure about Mandy being her first real feud in NXT. Feels like both probably need more protection than not having just arrived.

Odyssey Jones vs. Andre Chase was not good. There were quite a few flubs from both guys though Jones still stood out well enough with his size, athleticism, and physical charisma. Hopefully his match against Duke leaves a better impression.

Imperium's vignette interrupting MSK's explanation of their name to the interviewer slightly amused me and convinced me they also have no idea what the fuck MSK means.

The Hit Row vs. Legado del Fantasma segment didn't do as much for me as I hoped though I'm still looking forward to the feud.

Drake/Knight was a fun match and I dug the post match segment. Was a good way to things back in Knight's favor.

Raquel/Xia was pretty decent and the best I can Xia looking in all of her time in NXT. Its a shame things were thrown off towards the end with her seemingly getting hurt. Hopefully its nothing serious

I assume Kross attacking Regal means he finally unleashes Joe. Will be interesting to see if they go for a good match or just bitch Kross out.

41 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I assume Kross attacking Regal means he finally unleashes Joe. Will be interesting to see if they go for a good match or just bitch Kross out.

Bitching Kross out might make previous challengers (and by extension the brand) look bad in some people's eyes. Better make it super competitive just to be safe. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Haha 1

Ah, so that answers some important questions.

1: Was what Raw did behind Triple H's back? Yes, it kind of seems that way. Triple H needs to pay more attention to Raw maybe. Or not underestimate what (thoughtless?) bastards they can be there whenever they feel like it.

2: Did punking out Kross interrupt important NXT stories and and make NXT look bad? Yes, NXT crew certainly seems to think so. Whether they did immediately or because they read fan reaction after, we can't be sure.

3: How does NXT react? By pretending nothing happened on Raw and trying to distract the audience with Joe shouting and Kross not being in the building to avoid any audience chants on the matter. If you ignore it, it didn't happen, as WWE has taught us. We just need Jeff Goldblum to say, "Now you're Vince McMahon" to Triple H. Chilling.

I think this is better than talking about how weak your champion is, especially before JOE wins the title. But I'm disappointed in this plain approach. I was looking forward to the explanation that there are two Karrion Krosses. That the one we saw on Raw was fresh out of Impact Wrestling, before he sided with Scarlet and when he was weaker. Eventually the Raw Kross would disappear when he time-traveled to the past with Scarlet, taking whatever monster experience he collected from some future event with him, and became NXT champion. "Ah, so THAT'S what tick-tock meant!"

29 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Your last paragraph  is amazing and needs to be booked. Like Karrion Kross found a Time Egg and hopped in the Epoch before his Day of Lavos on Raw happened 

Extra love to you for the refs.

Hey, maybe Kross can avoid disaster in-place when Scarlet swaps him out and swaps in a clone of Kross they won at the local fair.

Oh, I was so young when that game came out... ?

Edited by CastleVania Rey
  • Haha 1

I guess the main event was karma for Xia KO'ing Mercedes at the last takeover. Not sure why they didn't just stop the match, it would've made Raquel look badass and given her a new instant-over move.

Odyssey Jones looks like someone told 1996 Mark Henry to work like Keith Lee.