DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/12/21

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Sam Adonis def. Joeasa (8:51) via rollup with tights pulled

Impact Wrestling - August 12, 2021

*Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb with a K) def. Taylor Wilde (9:54) with the Spotlight Kick after interference from the returning Madison Rayne. After the match, Madison celebrates with Tenille

*Josh Alexander def. Daivari (10:35) after the C4 Spike. After the match, Jake Something had a staredown with Josh. 

*Kiera Hogan comes to the ring to call out Tasha Steelz and her new friend. Instead, Su Yung and now Undead Kimber Lee come to the ring. Kiera says she's not going back to the Undead Realm but Su & Kimber overwhelm her and drag her off. Believed to be the end of Kiera Hogan as her contract has expired.

*FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) def. Bullet Club (Jay White & Chris Bey) via DQ (8:42) when White hit Juice with a steel chair. After the match, White hits Finlay with the Switchblade on the chair.

*John Skyler def. Matt Cardona (4:07) with a rollup after a distraction from Rohit Raju & Shera

*Brian Myers won the battle royal to become #1 contender to Kenny Omega at Emergence. (18:15)
-W. Morrissey eliminated Suicide, Swinger, & Hernandez in the first 45 seconds
-Everyone ganged up to eliminated Morrissey
-Steve Maclin interfered and caused Petey Williams' elimination by Brian Myers
-Swann eliminated Deaner
-Rhino eliminated Swann
-Mack eliminated Rhino
-Ace & Fulton eliminated Mack
-Fulton eliminated No Way
-Fallah eliminated Fulton
-Moose eliminated Fallah
-Myers & Beale eliminated Trey
-Moose eliminated Eddie Edwards
-Myers eliminated Beale
-Callihan eliminated Ace
-Moose eliminated Callihan
-Sabin jumped on Moose's back leading to Myers dumping both over for the win.

Edited by DreamBroken

My friend that lives in LA was all set to go to the Emergence show and now isn't.

We were also just texting about it the other day because Meltzer really dug in his heels saying Omega wouldn't be working that show. We took it as a sign that Dave was going to be wrong and Omega would be there. Too bad his opponent sucks.

I still don't know what the endgame is with Kenny and the Impact title. Does he lose to Moose before he loses to Hangman? Vice versa? Or do we get the more likely scenario that the relationship falls apart and Impact vacates the title and holds a tournament to crown a new champion?

• Like 3

I'm honestly shocked all of these relationships have lasted as long as they have. And they just keep adding partners. It's like wrestling's version of Sister Wives. 

I know what both sides are getting out of most of these deals, but it's been making some title matches totally predictable.  Like great, Deonna ended up facing Rosa, but Deonna has a match with Fabe next month with a lot of build, so she's not dropping the belt.  Then at NWA she gets... Melina?  Really, out of everyone on that roster, Melina?  Ok.  And yeah, there's no one on the Impact roster that's going to go over Kenny, especially with a 4 promotion show coming up, so, um, Myers?  I mean, Kenny's not dropping a belt until he drops AEW's, and I don't think that's happening any time soon (that can go in AEW's threads and not Impacts).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I still don't know what the endgame is with Kenny and the Impact title. Does he lose to Moose before he loses to Hangman? Vice versa? Or do we get the more likely scenario that the relationship falls apart and Impact vacates the title and holds a tournament to crown a new champion?

I would guess he loses to Hangman first, then drops the Impact title at BFG. My top guess for that would be Eddie Edwards at the moment.

It's as simple as having him duck Page until the Anxious Millenial Cowboy costs him the Impact Title. Then his ego gets the better of him and he accepts the challenge.

Heck, they've had NWA and IWGP titles defended on Dynamite - they could even have it happen there. More eyes on the product for Impact, and AEW doesn't have their champ losing on somebody else's show.

• Like 1

Pretty fun episode. Great to see Madison Rayne back, surprised she returned so soon but I dig pairing her with Tenille as Tenille finally finds a partner. They teamed together before and worked well. Love seeing Christian Cage on Impact again, even briefly. Josh/Daivari was solid, I like Daivari and glad to see him stick around some. Battle royal was pretty good. Brian Myers is certainly an interesting choice for title contender, especially against Omega. Looking forward to Tasha Steelz' new direction and alliance with Savannah, though Kiera will be greatly missed. Also loved Deonna's training video with Alesha Zappitella. 

Edited by DreamBroken

59 minutes of viewing tonight; I would have broken an hour but fuck watching a battle royal.  Life is too short.  I dug the Josh Alexander match and REALLY dug the Jay White/Chris Bae vs FinJuice match.  The opening match was okay but pretty sloppy.  I dunno.

• Like 1

Meyers winning was unexpected. Knowing that Kenny dropped the Impact belt to Christian, Meyers still won't win. I'd have to guess the next Impact guy to win is going to be one of the Moose/Sami/Alexander group. Big swerve would be Jay White but who knows how long he's sticking around.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The BTI that aired before the first Rampage is on Impacts Pluto Channel right now so I thought what the hell I’ll watch it.

I came in while the show was in progress. 

Sam Adonis cuts a promo. He’s wrestling a dude named Joeasa I’m not familiar with Joeasa. I’m familiar with Sam Adonis, he’s Corey Graves kid brother and did a Pro Trump gimmick in Mexico. I didn’t know he showed up in Impact. I believe he’s in Corgan’s NWA now.

We are then thrown to a four away X Division Championship Number 1 Contendership featuring Trey Miguel, Jake Something, Trey Miguel, Rohit Raju and Daivari. I didn’t know Daivari showed back up in Impact. Jake Something won the match. Match looked like it was a good match.

Daivari interrupts a Josh Alexander interview setting up a match between the two on Impact.

Joeasa cuts a promo. I like these dueling promos setting up the match for the night. Building up gradually throughout the program. Nice touch.

Another clip from last week; Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazza and Mickie James are in the ring. There’s confetti and Deonna is wearing a tiara. Mickie presents Deonna with a contract for who her opponent is a NWAs Empowered PPV and Malina shows up. The crowd at Sky Studio pop for her. I also thought it was cool Malina kinda re-emerged on the wrestling scene with the NWA. Deonna signs the contract. Melina says title shit opportunity, it’s hard to shake the McMahonisms I see.

Josh Matthews is now interviewing Deonna on Zoom. Deonna is on a press tour in Nashville. There’s clips of her making an appearance at a minor league baseball game. I think Deonna is face in the TNA/Impact timeline of August 21. To be honest I’m listening to Marc Marons WTF interview with Bob Zmuda (episode 274) so I’m half listening to Josh and Deonna but there was footage of Deonna taking a selfie with a puppy and that’s not Heel behavior.

Now it’s time for Sam Adonis Vs Joeasa. Well I had a phone call during this so I half watched it. Adonis did the Taker Old School that he converted into a block buster I thought that was pretty cool.

Overall I thought the presentation of the show was pretty solid. I like the idea of a pre show to the weekly wrestling show.

• Like 1