DVDVR Message Board

NFL FFL 2021 Edition Official Thread

Kevin Wilson

Ok. I'm done starting Justin Fields. Jesus Christ.

I also majorly fucked up. I meant to start Pitts since Matt Ryan didn't have anyone else to throw to and I forgot it was an early morning game. Of course Pitts put up 20+ points.

• Like 1

Finding a 12th person for the DVDVR FFL League that actually pays attention to their line-up is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I'm bringing in a non-forum member next year, I have a friend IRL that I know will stay active because I'll annoy the hell out of him if he doesn't. And I can be super annoying.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm active, I just forgot I had started Goedert. Besides, i'm 4-1. . . .

Its never a question of someone being good or not, otherwise Rippa would have been kicked out a decade ago, but forgetting to swap out a player two of the first six weeks is the kind of thing we try to avoid in the pay league. In a non-pay league I think its no biggie, nothing really at stake, but in a pay league I don't think its asking too much to ask people to remember to swap out players that are out.

On a sadder note, once the bye weeks really kick into gear its going to be hard to decide which shitty backup RB to drop. I can always drop Watson but I'd like to hang on until the trade deadline in case he goes to Miami or something weird. But going to have to make some tough choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that I have won two games this year in the DVDVR money league and also back to back wins. I mean, if I squint really hard, my team now actually looks pretty decent. Too bad my QB situation is a total dumpster fire with Bridgewater and Heinicke as my QBs. That is extremely poopy and there's not even a point to swapping either of them out for the rest of the shit on the waiver wire. Ooooh! I can have Daniel Jones instead of whatever shitbird QB is playing for Washington. That's a move I would only make just to give Rippa any kind of glee from seeing another Washington QB dropped.

WR would also be better if the Bears didn't suck so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't paying much attention to the pro football this weekend as it was my big 50 and I was celebrating that (and quietly mourning the Longhorns continued futility), so I didn't know that Tua was out until about 30 minutes after the Sunday games started. And if I had replaced him with just about any of the scrubs on the waiver wire, I would have pulled an upset and maybe held on to dim playoff hopes.

• 1 month later...

I survived Tua putting up 2 points and Antonio Brown quitting midgame to win the consolation bracket and my money back. So my terrible fantasy season wasn't a total bust.

• Like 2

I underperformed by 23 points from Yahoo projection while my opponent overperfomed by 9, and I lost by 20 points. Lamb, Higgins, and Waddle all were under their projections. But I'm on track for now to once again win the DVDVR Emeritus free league.

6 hours ago, JLowe said:

I underperformed by 23 points from Yahoo projection while my opponent overperfomed by 9, and I lost by 20 points. Lamb, Higgins, and Waddle all were under their projections. But I'm on track for now to once again win the DVDVR Emeritus free league.

How many teams are now managed by Kris?

• Like 1