DVDVR Message Board

NFL FFL 2021 Edition Official Thread

Kevin Wilson

I would've been more than happy to trade some of my terrible running backs for Dak.

Also Yahoo gave me the worst draft grade this year.

Last time they did that...I won the whole damn thing.

Took another look at my team and man is it fucking bad. I hate drafting near the front. It didn't help that I was distracted by both of my daughters and barely did any research this year. Yahoo gave me a D. Although I think I got a C- last year and was cruising along until the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

This is the first league I've played with individual defensive players so I was confused that Chase Young and Aaron Donald were both available. I snapped them both up right quick over the computer picks.

You will soon learn that big names usually don't equal big points with IDP

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm totally going to have zero wins this year. This was easily my worst draft ever in my history of playing fantasy football.

Going with Lawrence and Fields as your two QBs was definitely a bold strategy. Not that I can talk much since I'm not doing any better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Going with Lawrence and Fields as your two QBs was definitely a bold strategy. Not that I can talk much since I'm not doing any better.

I drafted Lawrence with the thought that he would be a good garbage time QB, like Jacksonville's old QB. He has been anything but. Fields was more of a pick for the future as I have a lot of faith in him and he has enough weapons to throw to.

But the Lawrence experiment is over. Next week I'm going with Bridgewater. Now watch Lawrence have an amazing game and Bridgewater have, like 5 points.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Someone remind me to stop playing fantasy football 

You and me both, I'm about to be 0-2, with Kyler Murray being an absolute monster.  Last week I scored 150+ points and lost.  I would have beat everyone else in the league by over 20 points, and lost by 25.  That person scored 76 points this week.  This week I needed either Tyreke Hill or Antonio Brown, who are two of the most reliable fantasy players in recent memory, to just not shit the bed.  The bed is covered in sewage.  There is a chance for me to win if Aaron Jones scores 28 points, but I lost last week largely because he scored 4.2 points.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

You and me both, I'm about to be 0-2, with Kyler Murray being an absolute monster.  Last week I scored 150+ points and lost.  I would have beat everyone else in the league by over 20 points, and lost by 25.  That person scored 76 points this week.  This week I needed either Tyreke Hill or Antonio Brown, who are two of the most reliable fantasy players in recent memory, to just not shit the bed.  The bed is covered in sewage.  There is a chance for me to win if Aaron Jones scores 28 points, but I lost last week largely because he scored 4.2 points.

It's been the Aaron Jones show so far in the 1st Half for the Packers. 

On 10/4/2021 at 4:00 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

I was wondering why Craig played Fields of all people yesterday, but clearly he had some inside knowledge about Bridgewater getting himself knocked loopy.

Well, my team is fucking trash, but I did want to give Fields one more shot against a shitty Lions team. Turns out the Lions are so fucking bad that they can make Bears fans think Nagy can actually coach Fields to his strengths (lol, he can't and they'll go right back to the Ginger Rifle).

My two biggest flaws with drafting was still going with the thinking that QBs don't matter so you could still draft a QB late and having practically no knowledge for WRs this year. I honestly did think that even with Dalton and Fields that Robinson would do a lot better than this. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but that may just be the Bears fan in me.

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:15 AM, Kuetsar said:

Mine is that I had to log off the draft early, and the idiot computer didnt draft a decent 2nd rb. . .

Don't think there would have been any great options left by the time you logged off. Our league drafted 22 RBs in the first four rounds, pickings were pretty slim after that. I think separating your shoulder with that Josh Allen reach may have been your biggest flaw, and that is coming from a Bills fan ?  Not swapping out injured players is your #2 flaw.

• Like 1