DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/22/21

Live crowds are back 

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Petey Williams & Trey Miguel def. Kal Herro & Tony Gunn (9:45) via submission when Petey used the Sharpshooter on Herro.

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 22, 2021 from Nashville, TN

*Chris Bey def. Rohit Raju (w/ Shera) (7:46) after the Art of Finesse

*In-ring promo with Mickie James, Deonna Purrazzo, and Gail Kim that ends with Deonna ultimately accepting the invite to NWA Empowerrr.

*Matt Cardona, Jake Something, & Chelsea Green def. Brian Myers, Sam Beale, & Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb with a K) (3:59) when Chelsea pinned Beale after the Unprettier. During the match, Taylor Wilde returned to take out Kaleb.

*Eddie Edwards and W. Morrissey brawled in the parking lot until Eddie chased him off with two kendo sticks.

*Jay White comes to the ring for a promo. Jay says he came to Impact for David Finlay. Jay talked about the Good Brothers still trying to be Bullet Club but says their application to rejoin has been denied. Don Callis interrupts with Kenny Omega and they go back and forth. The Good Brothers end up attacking Jay until Chris Bey makes the save.

*FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) def. Ace Austin & Madman Fulton (9:10) when Juice pinned Fulton with a sunset flip. After the match, Rohit Raju & Shera joined Ace & Fulton in attacking FinJuice.

*Decay (Havok & Rosemary)(c) (w/ Black Taurus & Crazzy Steve) def. Fire N Flava (Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz) (10:30) to retain the knockout tag team titles when Havok pinned Kiera after a spear/legsweep combo.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Fun show with excitement coming off Slammiversary. Six person tag was short but Tenille and Chelsea looked good. Enjoyed the Mickie/Deonna/Gail seg, Deonna continues to kill it always on the mic and in the ring. Jay White came off great in his segment, star quality. Dug the slight tease of Omega/Josh Alexander, could definitely see that happening down the line. Good to have FinJuice and their awesome theme back. Solid main event, Fire N Flava always great to watch. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

Really liked the Mickie/Deonna/Gail segment too and the Switchblade/Elite stuff but feels like when I do watch Impact it's for other company's stuff (NWA, AEW/New Japan). I really want to give this company a real shot but none of their "home" stuff really grabs me. 

I'll probably stick around for a while this time since the Bey/White stuff has me intrigued for now.

• Like 2

Oh man, I watched an hour and FOUR minutes.  Jay White was awesome.  He almost as tall as Luke Gallows which I never noticed before.  I think the match you want is Omega versus White, not White/Finlay.  I'll prolly watch even more next week because I love all of these storylnes based solely on things that happened in Japan, so what the hell, add in Chris Bey.  Hogan and Steelz need the belts back and need to turn face because they are tiny and it's weird for large ladies like Rosemary to sell in the Ricky Morton position for ladies half their size.  Plus Hogan and Steelz are adorable and would be over as faces.  BRAVO IMPACT!  I TRULY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT AGAIN!

• Like 3

On 7/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, kafkonia said:

Jay White really looks like somebody... An actor, I think? Maybe Adrian Brody?

And sorry, Dean, but Hogan's leaving Impact.

Really? Do you know where she's going? She really someone that grew over time in Impact so it'll be interesting to see how she fares in another promotion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Really? Do you know where she's going? She really someone that grew over time in Impact so it'll be interesting to see how she fares in another promotion.

I just saw it reported that she had announced she was leaving earlier that day. I didn't see a mention of where she was going.

Maybe Sunglasses Hut?

• Haha 1