DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT Slammiversary XVII - 7/17/2021

4 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

As far as I remember, FInJuice just disappeared after losing the tag titles to VBD in May so I don't think there was a turn. I had assumed they had just gone back to Japan again but doesn't seem they did. 

Cagematch confirms that their last match prior to tonight was May 20th's episode of Impact where they lost the Impact Tag Team championship to VBD. Finlay hasn't wrestled in any promotion since then and Juice had wrestled once against nZo at a NEW show. So looks like they just disappeared. HOWEVER, New Japan tweeted out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

SRS reporting that FinnJuice came out to attack Switchblade before White hit his finish on Juice and ducked out.

It was on Finlay.

• Like 4

Last time Omega and Jay White wrestled - didn't Cody and Hangman attack Kenny? Leading to the save from Kota Ibushi?

Now I'm not saying that Cody somehow ties into all of this, buttttttt.... the layers to this story peel back like a god damn onion. I'm serious, just when you think you may have the story figured out, there's another layer underneath.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Cagematch confirms that their last match prior to tonight was May 20th's episode of Impact where they lost the Impact Tag Team championship to VBD. Finlay hasn't wrestled in any promotion since then and Juice had wrestled once against nZo at a NEW show. So looks like they just disappeared. HOWEVER, New Japan tweeted out

I was at the Juice/NZO match and it wasn't too bad. Before the show you could meet Sgt. Slaughter, Carlito, Lex Luger, Sam Adonis, NZO, Cass, and a few others.  Poor juice had 0 line at all. Was the modern day Virgil. 

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Last time Omega and Jay White wrestled - didn't Cody and Hangman attack Kenny? Leading to the save from Kota Ibushi?

Now I'm not saying that Cody somehow ties into all of this, buttttttt.... the layers to this story peel back like a god damn onion. I'm serious, just when you think you may have the story figured out, there's another layer underneath.

That was 15 heel/face turns ago, I think you might be peeling a bit too hard here ?

On 7/18/2021 at 6:10 PM, John E. Dynamite said:

First Elite member to say "don't bring a knife to a gun fight"  @ Jay White gets a free drink voucher for their next flight to Tokyo.

That's awesome, but shouldn't that saying go "Don't bring JUST a knife to a gunfight"? I mean, once the bullets run out, a knife WILL come in handy! Jay will back me on this one!

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 11:48 PM, Krone Meltzer said:

That would be some BADASS long-term storytelling, but could it be that this turn of events was just a happy coincidence? I mean, there's still time to make it a part of the actual storyline, but what are the odds?

Super-fun show to attend. Had Omega's blood splatter on to me when the two were brawling outside. That's a first for me attending a show. lol  

Here's some vids I took, including the above-mentioned brawl as well as Sami looking directly in to my camera before the piledriver through the table.

Spoiler

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Peck said:

Super-fun show to attend. Had Omega's blood splatter on to me when the two were brawling outside. That's a first for me attending a show. lol  

Here's some vids I took, including the above-mentioned brawl as well as Sami looking directly in to my camera before the piledriver through the table.

Awesome! Looks/sounds like a great time

• Like 1