DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/14/2021 - Fyter Fest Night One

4 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

A motivated Cody Rhodes, welcome back!  Malakai Black, welcome aboard!  

Great shout. I loved that segment to death too, dude. Cody brought it big and it was *much* appreciated in my house. Plus, I'm an extremely big "storming the announce booth" fan so extra credit on that. Black's promo was weird as shit and i loved every word, especially the "I hoped you'd say that" with the lights. THAT was dope as hell. 

• Like 4

Just now, EVA said:

Elite vs Hangman/Dark Order sounds like a lot of fun, as long as it’s Survivor Series rules and not goofy New Japan rules.

Don’t hate on the Japanese over the top rules that protect your top guys.

Besides the best ones are the Noah captains fall elimination matches.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Great shout. I loved that segment to death too, dude. Cody brought it big and it was *much* appreciated in my house. Plus, I'm an extremely big "storming the announce booth" fan so extra credit on that. Black's promo was weird as shit and i loved every word, especially the "I hoped you'd say that" with the lights. THAT was dope as hell. 

I’m sad that it looks like Black is getting the lights out gimmick permanently. That was such a fun gimmick for debuts, and returns.

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

Elite vs Hangman/Dark Order sounds like a lot of fun, as long as it’s Survivor Series rules and not goofy New Japan rules.

I hope we get that match in Newark, but it will probably be before the Newark show.

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m sad that it looks like Black is getting the lights out gimmick permanently. That was such a fun gimmick for debuts, and returns.

TBH I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I completely agree with you. But it just fits his character so well. It's just a little bit of that added salt and pepper that gives his presentation more of that Sabu or Taker aura.

Edit: while this is a lovefest and all, I do just wanna say that I'm a bit annoyed with the seemingly interchangeable Tommy End/Malakai Black usage. I don't know if they're doing like a split personality thing or something, but I'm kinda meh about it.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

10 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I can see Page get unfairly eliminated somehow, and one of the lowly members of the Dark Order getting the upset to become the hero.

I hope Uno or Stu Grayson win the final fall. I want them to take the tag titles from the Bucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope we get that match in Newark, but it will probably be before the Newark show.

The elimination match is probably going to happen in the next couple of weeks if they are doing Hangman/Omega at All Out.

2 minutes ago, Infinit said:

The elimination match is probably going to happen in the next couple of weeks if they are doing Hangman/Omega at All Out.

For selfish reasons, I hope Newark gets something big to make up for getting screwed out of Blood & Guts.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hope Uno or Stu Grayson win the final fall. I want them to take the tag titles from the Bucks.

I'd be into that. I was hoping it would be Best Friends but with Trent out, who knows if they'd wanna go with Orange/Chuck. I just hope they don't do some bullshit "tension with Silver/Reynolds" story if they go that way. You don't necessarily need to Freebird it, but I'm not ready to break those dudes up yet.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For selfish reasons, I hope Newark gets something big to make up for getting screwed out of Blood & Guts.

I'm sure there will be plenty of fallout from All Out that will get you guys some juicy stuff!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'd be into that. I was hoping it would be Best Friends but with Trent out, who knows if they'd wanna go with Orange/Chuck. I just hope they don't do some bullshit "tension with Silver/Reynolds" story if they go that way. You don't necessarily need to Freebird it, but I'm not ready to break those dudes up yet.

I'd be into the Freebird rule, so even Five, Ten, or Colt Cabana get to defend the titles.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think you won't be disappointed mate. AEW will want to offer up something good for Newark missing Elite vs. Inner Circle Blood & Guts. Interesting to think how that would have turned out to the one we got, Inner Circle vs. Pinnacle. Like to think the former would have a better ending than the latter had.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I think you won't be disappointed mate. AEW will want to offer up something good for Newark missing Elite vs. Inner Circle Blood & Guts. Interesting to think how that would be turned out to the one we got, Inner Circle vs. Pinnacle. Like to think the former would have a better ending than the latter had.

I've only been letdown by AEW once, yes the deathmatch explosion, so I don't expect to be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have tons to say tomorrow but before I forget want to pay tribute to whatever Nick Jackson was wearing.  That was a garish monstrosity and I adored everything about it. Matt's was wonderful too but nothing will top a cat on a goddamn shark and a rainbow out of his mouth. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I have tons to say tomorrow but before I forget want to pay tribute to whatever Nick Jackson was wearing.  That was a garish monstrosity and I adored everything about it. Matt's was wonderful too but nothing will top a cat on a goddamn shark and a rainbow out of his mouth. 

E6Tc6dBXoAEQSwP?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, elizium said:

I give Hangman's shirt a 7/10. Pretty great, but lets get some rhinestones on there, buddy

Page needs to be an anxious millennial rhinestone cowboy.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm forgetting what Nick was wearing, but Matt was rocking a shirt with designs by the late great Keith Harring. 

• Like 3

Darby is a fucking madman.   Great show.  

Took notes of who was SUPER OVER...    not really a surprise but so many rising stars.  Beyond Mox of course..  Hangman,  Darby,  Ricky Starks,  Dr. Britt,  Sammy G.  what a great young roster of talent.. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2