DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/14/2021 - Fyter Fest Night One

20 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I wonder if Christian asked to work his first matches against guys he's familiar with so he can get his feet wet before moving on to working with younger talent.

Probably a bit of a mix. There's the matches with Kaz and Sydal and now this one with Hardy, but there's also been the matches against guys he'd never worked before like Hobbs and Angelico and Private Party. Little from column A, little from column B. 

• Like 1

I will say this about The Iiconics...today on their social media they seemed to be waxing poetically abit about their old characters. I know I said they have green cards issues...but anything could be possible...I've been wrong before lol

45 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

And apparently he picked up a win against Dolph Ziggler on a Dark ep.

One would think that's in clear violation of his current contract. But it doesn't seem to have caused much of a stir, so that really tells you how much people are paying attention to Dark.

I'll say this: He's one guy I'm glad they didn't immediately push to the top when they brought him in. Great call there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I've been pretty wiped out the last few days so I'm not sure I'll have much to say after this show, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what fucked up spot Darby Alin comes up with involving a coffin.

How about a Coffin Drop using the coffin?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

I think that they need to get there green cards sorted first.

All it would take is for a company to sponsor them and pay for a work visa and they are good to go. I’m sure between aew, impact, and roh that will happen. Weren’t they part of that second batch that was released more recently? Maybe I’m trippin. 

• Like 1

Loving this crowd tonight, and them choosing to cheer for Ricky Starks over Brian Cage.  Starks is a future superstar, just oozes charisma.

Malakai Black is just money.  Its random, but im hoping for this quote being used by him at some point during this feud, and I don't know why:

"So where do you go, Cody?  To the left where there's nothing right? Or to the right, where there's nothing left?"

Just fits so well to me.  And could this lead to a darker Cody after being defeated by Black?

• Like 2

What an absolute great show. To point out the obvious, this just goes to show how important a crowd is to a show.

Darby Allin is a certified psycho, but I personally would've liked to see Page go over.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

I think that they need to get there green cards sorted first.

Yeah that was my understanding as well. Their work visas were obtained through WWE so there's an issue with them legally working elsewhere until they can get their immigration situation sorted out.