DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Bottom Half

Dolfan in NYC

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

I know that they won't change it since they are on a roll as a team right now with them but those Red Sox yellow uniforms are an abomination 

I turned on the TV and saw the jerseys and then, right after, Boston let a popup land right next to the mound. Well deserved for wearing for those garbage jerseys. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

when I am commissioner all these cash grab alternate jerseys will be banned.

I will deputize Chris Sale with a ceremonial pair of scissors to cut up and/or cough on them all

You've got my vote. This is a platform I can get behind. 

• Like 1

https://cultmtl.com/2021/09/announcement-about-the-return-of-the-montreal-expos-to-be-made-this-fall-october-november-tampa-bay-rays/

Sources close to Cult MTL confirmed today that an announcement about the return of the Montreal Expos will be made in October or November. The announcement could be coming during or closely following the municipal election in Montreal.

This morning, the Journal de Montréal reported that an announcement about a shared baseball team between Montreal and Tampa Bay — “the marriage of the Expos and the Rays, who would sometimes play in Tampa, sometimes in Montreal” — is expected to follow an upcoming meeting in Florida.

Edited by Gonzo

9 hours ago, Tabe said:

That......... seems highly unlikely. 

it's probably a phantom proposal they're hoping the MLBPA is dumb enough ("we don't want all that extra travel!") to make a concession in exchange for the league taking it off the table.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Marcus Semien is tied for most home runs by a second baseman, ever. He must be up there for one of the best free agent signings, ever. And probably the best ever to perform on a one year contract....well actually second to Robbie Ray lol. 

Go take a look at the year Juan Gonzalez had with Cleveland... 

• Like 1

The Phillies have won 5 straight and are still 5 games back from the 2nd NL wild card because St Louis went nuclear and is currently on a 15 game win streak

Meanwhile - the Padres have free-falled so much that they are only 1 game over .500

And the Mets are 3-12 in their last 15 and now sit 8 games under .500

So many front offices about to be blown out

• Like 1

Okay - here is basically what we are looking at the last week of the season

AL WILD CARD

#1 NYY (@Toronto, Tampa)

#2 Boston (@Baltimore, @Washington)

#3 Toronto (-1) (NYY, Baltimore)

#4 Seattle (-2) (Oakland, LAA)

#5 Oakland (-3) (@Seattle, @Houston)

Oakland/Seattle starts today, the rest start tomorrow. To hang with the AL East teams, one of the AL West teams needs to sweep the other

If there is a Game 163 needed - at least for the AL East teams, Boston would have home-field advantage for any one-game playoff for the No. 2 wild card or the AL wild card game against Toronto or New York; the Blue Jays would host the Yankees.

NL EAST

Atlanta with a 2.5 game lead over Philadelphia

Those two teams play each other in Atlanta starting Tuesday. Then Atlanta finishes with the Mets while the Phillies finish at Miami..

NL WEST

San Fran with a 2 game lead over LAD (note both have clinched a WC berth)

Both teams play San Diego this week. So the real difference might be this: San Fran plays Arizona. LAD plays Milwaukee

IF they need to play a tie breaker for the division, the Giants would host

THINGS THAT ARE TECHNICALLY STILL IN PLAY

The Cards' magic number for the 2nd NL WC is 1

The Astros magic number for the AL West is 2

The Rays clinch home field in the AL with either a win or an Astros loss. Oh and those teams play each other this week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Sports are nothing but pain with occasional bursts of anger.

Look on the bright side: In a few days it'll be over and they won't be able to hurt you until next year or whenever the news breaks that they failed to land Robbie Ray! 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1