DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Bottom Half

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

The Cubs are so incredibly fucking bad. This is barely a AA team at this point. Even today they gave up 5 runs in the 2nd inning. After the trades were made I said they would only win 20 games from that point on. That now feels overly generous.

"if Cleveland doesn't wanna be The Spiders, we'll take a crack at it"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Fun fact, Davis is only the third player to hit 50+ HR's and record a MLB pitching win.  

The other two are Babe Ruth and Jimmie Foxx.  

So, clearly, next stop, Cooperstown. 

Rocky Colavito had 45 and a win.  Yeah, no Cooperstown for him either...

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

3 thoughts:

1) Jose is more salty than McDonald's fries with extra salt.  It's hilarious.  

2) How do we even know that's Alex?  Never see the guy's face.

3) Why is Rodriguez in a uniform 5 years after retiring when he's not affiliated with any team?

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

The Cubs are so incredibly fucking bad. This is barely a AA team at this point. Even today they gave up 5 runs in the 2nd inning. After the trades were made I said they would only win 20 games from that point on. That now feels overly generous.

I had the misfortune of going to Tuesday night’s “abbreviated game”. Got hit with a rain delay so we didn’t leave until 11:30.  So non-descript. So bad. They gave up 6 runs in the 5th. Dropping fly balls like Keith Moreland. I knew they were going to suck but I didn’t realize how much they’d suck until I saw it with my own eyes. I swear some of the shitty teams of my youth were better than these bums. The ‘97 Cubs that started 0-14 are better than the current incarnation.

If this keeps up, Scrub Cub games will be cheaper than White Sox tickets. And as good as the Sox have been of late, they still can’t draw flies or pack their stadium unless the Cubs show up. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

3 thoughts:

3) Why is Rodriguez in a uniform 5 years after retiring when he's not affiliated with any team?

Well, I mean, Gallo is currently wearing 13 on the Yankees, so yeah, it could be him.

We'd know for sure if he swung a bat and missed every corn stalk.

24 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Ngl, I'd try one.

You'd think it sound horrible, but the Mayor of Flavortown has never steered me wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

3 thoughts:

Jose salty? Never

SXTyBvM.jpg

Field of Dreams game was wonderful.  Would easily be my favorite game of the year if I'd been there in person.

I don't even like 9-8 games.  I don't want to see a no-hitter every night out, but I'll take a low-scoring game over a slugfest most nights.

I flipped over to the Field of Dreams game and within three seconds Joe Buck had my eyes rolling. I'm sure MLB is going to make this a yearly thing but they should rotate locations and movies, next year set up in the San Fernando Valley and do a Bad News Bears tribute game, after that head down to Durham, NC for a Bull Durham game, then a Brewster's Millions game in Hackensack with the train tracks in the outfield.

Joe Buck is supposedly warm and funny off-camera, an incredibly nice guy who would do anything for his friends.  It's amazing that he manages to not only bring none of that to his on-camera performances but to be the complete opposite in every possible way.  It's like he listened to hundreds of hours of his dad, said "Alright, Dad was an all-time great by being by being calm, warm, and relatable.  I'll do ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THAT.  THAT'LL WORK!"  He's just so smarmy, smug, condescending, over-serious and annoying as an announcer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jake deGrom suffered another setback during rehab.  He'll now be out until September at the earliest.

When he went out, my prevailing thought was that he would not pitch another inning this year.