DVDVR Message Board

SDL Beyond Thunderdome - 7/9/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I would have been nicer to see the Blood Lines together in full if they were actually wrecking people and had the DUI from Jimmy this week not happened.

Carmella getting a shot against Bianca is kind of just there. I do hope they don't have Bianca lose just to set up Liv cashing in. It is good that liv is at least in MITB.

Shotzi and Tegan being moved up already kind of sucks. Hopefully both get at least a few more big matches in NXT though I doubt it. Seems like Toni is at least getting some time to finish up with her just getting a vignette. 

Well, it's kinda hard to argue against that after seeing his feats of strength and getting his F'n teeth jammed into his own gums and continuing the match regardless, over the years.

40 minutes ago, Morganti said:

weirdly I can buy Cesaro being tough enough and strong enough to deadlift suplex Seth after getting superplexed.

Cesaro bled hardway from his head hitting the exposed turnbuckle. Now all we need is for someone to get hardwayed from having their forehead raked across a chain link fence and every bladejob in Wrestling history is rendered credible.

1 hour ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

From a kayfabe standpoint, the superplex is completely useless and sees the person who does the move get pinned exponentially more than anyone who wins with it. Pretty sure Rollins has never won a single match with the superplex-Falcon Arrow combo.

I think he has won literally once with it and that was a huge surprise then. In some gauntlet match, perhaps?

As far as the superplex goes, yeah. High-risk move where the risk is almost never rewarded. You are basically taking at least an equivalent of a standard back suplex yourself and that is IF you pull it off, which very often doesn't happen, as you pointed out.

I was sort of interested in the Bayley-Bianca match just because of the stip.  Didn't really seem to be a reason for the match or the stip unless you were put the title on Bayley.  On the other hand, didn't really see Bianca dropping the belt or losing the blow-off by quitting.  Plus, Bayley's last promo at least teased putting her career on the line in her last prom. 

Really no one I want to see in SDL's women's division right now.  Nox and Shotzi have been on the roster two days and already seem like a thrown-together "Creative has nothing for you" team.  'Course, that's what Shotzi and Ember Moon were, but that team kinda worked. 

On the other hand, RAW has several women wrestlers I theoretically do want to watch  - Charlotte, Rhea, Asuka - and I have no interest in women's matches on Raw either.

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Really no one I want to see in SDL's women's division right now.  Nox and Shotzi have been on the roster two days and already seem like a thrown-together "Creative has nothing for you" team.  'Course, that's what Shotzi and Ember Moon were, but that team kinda worked. 

On the other hand, RAW has several women wrestlers I theoretically do want to watch  - Charlotte, Rhea, Asuka - and I have no interest in women's matches on Raw either.

Well again - they are in that holding pattern for basically another month till Summerslam

One would assume that of the RAW three you mentioned, one of them will be moved to SDL

I forgot there was a draft, but, really, my point was that, even when they load the roster up with people I consider watchable, the results are underwheming.

Why has Sasha been awol since WrestleMania?

I have more time than most for Carmella, but she's been beaten so much recently that it's pretty hard to take her title shot seriously. I guess we're supposed to wonder who might cost Belair the belt (Sasha or Bayley), but that would have the result of completely cheapening the belt imo. 

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Cesaro bled hardway from his head hitting the exposed turnbuckle. Now all we need is for someone to get hardwayed from having their forehead raked across a chain link fence and every bladejob in Wrestling history is rendered credible.

Given Cesaro's history he should really work on how he dives into the corners.