DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 7/8/21: Road to Slammiversary

Mostly short matches and build to Slammiversary. I'm guessing Deonna's mystery opponent will be Chelsea Green. Did briefly hope they'd do Deonna/Gail.  They seemed to have backed off airing the promo with all the old clips of the released wrestlers in recent weeks, kind of felt like they were originally hoping Samoa Joe to be the big 'get' this year, like Gallows & Anderson last year. Slammiversary coming together with a pretty good card though, Omega/Callihan has a lot of potential. 

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Steve Maclin def. Suicide (7:25) with a michinoku driver

Impact Wrestling - July 8, 2021

*Jake Something def. Brian Myers (w/ Sam Beale) (5:14) after the Black Hole Slam. After the match, Myers & Beale attacked Jake until Matt Cardona made the save.

*Deonna Purrazzo def. Lady Frost (2:32) via armbar submission. After the match, Deonna cut a promo calling herself the greatest knockouts champion of all time. Gail Kim interrupted. Deonna thought Gail was there to challenge her but Gail assured she was retired. Gail then announced that Deonna will defend at Slammiversary against a mystery opponent.

*W. Morrissey def. Jason Page, Manny Smith, & Deonte Evans (1:53) via stacking all three with one foot on them for the pin.

*Rosemary & Havok def. Kimber Lee & Susan (4:09) when Rosemary pinned Susan after a Spear.

*Rich Swann & Willie Mack came out for a promo, talking about last week and they called out Violent by Design. TJP & Fallah Bahh interrupted and argued about who were in line for a title shot. Violent by Design (Eric Young, Rhino, Joe Doering, & Deaner) then came to the ring. The Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) then came out and talked about wanting to become champions again. Tommy Dreamer came out to announce a four way tag for the titles at Slammiversary, while tonight each team would have a member compete in a fatal 4 way.

*Karl Anderson (w/ Doc Gallows) def. Deaner (w/ Eric Young, Rhino & Joe Doering), Rich Swann (w/ Willie Mack), & TJP (w/ Fallah Bahh) (13:52) after the Gun Stun on Deaner. 

*Scott D'Amore hosted the Contract Signing for Kenny Omega vs. Sami Callihan. Callihan had been arrested earlier in the night for allegedly attacking Don Callis but security footage revealed that Callis faked the video attack by having John E Bravo dress as Sami and punch him on video while Johnny Swinger filmed. Callihan came to the ring and brawled with Kenny, ending with Sami hitting the Package Piledriver on Kenny. Callihan then powerbombed Omega through the table for the signing.

• Like 1

Hey!  I watched 38 minutes tonight.  That's a lot of knockouts and Kenny Omega.  Kimber Lee is a wrestling machine but her kicks kinda suck.  I loved Don Callis tonight.

• Like 1

Nice Debut for Lady Frost this week & it will be interesting to see if Su Yung returns or Kimber unleashes another personality of hers. I fear next week Sami is going to destroy Swinger's Palace & make us all sad. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I'm guessing Deonna's mystery opponent will be Chelsea Green. 

Meltzer certainly made it seem as such in the new WON

• Like 1