DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/7/2021

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

I couldn't care less about his Twitter but wonder if it's Brian Cage you're speaking of.  And I would also think that at some point he can be arrested or banned especially since he's calling his shot online.

Pardon the confusion. Since Cornette came up, I figured Brian was fine enough shorthand for Last.

I'd like to think Jim also has the common sense to distance himself and discourage this nonsense, but who fucking knows anymore. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Casey said:

Gee, sure is weird that they’re calling him Malakai Black aka Tommy End on their social media then, even in the signing announcement.

From what I’ve seen, it’s in the context of his social media handles having a different name than his AEW name.

I’m skeptical that AEW is going to embrace his personal storyline that Black is an escaped mental patient that hallucinated his WWE career (that we all somehow saw) and may now be possessed by Satan.

And if they are, Excalibur still did a terrible job introducing him because he didn’t provide any context which made it confusing to people not following Tommy End on social media. Just like when he mentioned he’d wrestled him 10 years ago. Nobody cares, tell us you still wear your stupid mask in public today because of how badly he disfigured you or something. 

Excalibur is horrible at introducing debuting talent and needs to get a lot better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Pardon the confusion. Since Cornette came up, I figured Brian was fine enough shorthand for Last.

I'd like to think Jim also has the common sense to distance himself and discourage this nonsense, but who fucking knows anymore. 

I thought a few minutes after posting this if that was him but figured he wouldn't do such a thing.  Color me surprised though I like the idea of Cage going off on him for some reason better.

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

I’m skeptical that AEW is going to embrace his personal storyline that Black is an escaped mental patient that hallucinated his WWE career (that we all somehow saw) and may now be possessed by Satan.

while the potential to go off the rails and be absolutely terrible is very high, i think this could be a fun angle.

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

Is there any reason why people don't use that elevated DDT that Paige used to hit? It looked good. Andrade should just that instead of the hammerlock flatliner.

Good call. He can even keep the Hammerlock variation. Just pop them up on his hips in the bear hug position after and drop them with the DDT. Different enough from Tay's finisher and super deadly looking. Hope TK still lurks here and steals your suggestion lol.

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Good call. He can even keep the Hammerlock variation. Just pop them up on his hips in the bear hug position after and drop them with the DDT. Different enough from Tay's finisher and super deadly looking. Hope TK still lurks here and steals your suggestion lol.

Wouldn't be the first time...

EDIT: I have definitive proof that TK lurks here or ideas are borrowed from here, but I remember the dumbest shit like all of the booking suggestions and production suggestions that get mentioned on here. There's been too many times where there's been a Dynamite, someone makes suggestions about booking or production on here, and then the following week that very thing happens. It's likely just a coincidence and maybe it's just a product of doing the sensible thing, but it has happened a lot.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2

Maybe TK can hire a legit tough guy/bouncer to sit beside the time keepers table to rough guys up who jump the rails. It could lead to tough guys buying tickets so they can challenge the bouncer. It’ll be a key feature when attending the show.

Or maybe we can do all that, but make it all a work to get a new act over.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Maybe TK can hire a legit tough guy/bouncer to sit beside the time keepers table to rough guys up who jump the rails. It could lead to tough guys buying tickets so they can challenge the bouncer. It’ll be a key feature when attending the show.

Or maybe we can do all that, but make it all a work to get a new act over.

Yeah Justin Roberts. Did you see how he handled that situation? It's like he knew exactly what to do and get that schmuck off the stage. 

Robert’s looked like a dog in heat grabbing that dudes leg. Guy legit looked 350 pounds. 

I have to admit live it looked planned with the way the first security grabbed him. He should’ve just grabbed him by the neck, instead of doing a sumo lock up with the individual.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

20 hours ago, Bryan said:

tell us you still wear your stupid mask in public today because of how badly he disfigured you or something

Now this is definitely something that a mask wearing commentator who also wrestled in the past SHOULD say! Good one! And I'm sure there would be a super offensive joke about JR in there somewhere, but I will not be touching that one.

Edited by Shartnado
Let's not
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first mark Jackson Ryker made in Wrestling was when he was half of TNA's security team, Gunner and Murphy (he was Gunner; His indie name before that was Full o'Shitter. NB: It wasn't really. It was Phil Shatter). Then he joined Immortal, and was somehow still Immortal's Gunner long after the group broke up and everyone left. Like Scott Steiner still being in the Main Event Mafia after Sting & Angle turned face and Booker & Nash jumped to WWE, only with less intentional comedy and more of the office forgetting to give him an angle (but still using him on TV).

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

I really loved how this show was shot. Angles like this reminded me of the ramp at Maple Leaf Gardens. I hope AEW strives to have variety in how their shows are shot moving forward.

• Like 4

On 7/9/2021 at 6:27 PM, Craig H said:

EDIT: I have definitive proof that TK lurks here or ideas are borrowed from here, but I remember the dumbest shit like all of the booking suggestions and production suggestions that get mentioned on here. There's been too many times where there's been a Dynamite, someone makes suggestions about booking or production on here, and then the following week that very thing happens. It's likely just a coincidence and maybe it's just a product of doing the sensible thing, but it has happened a lot.

Good.  Let’s book next weeks Dynamite.  

First suggestion: Ethan Page lights an M80 and drops it in Darby’s shorts.

On 7/9/2021 at 6:27 PM, Craig H said:

My crowning achievement on the internet/in wrestling: we were having a "Re-examining John Cena" discussion in the omnibus thread, and I posted the music video for Cinderella's "Don't Know What You Got (Til It's Gone)" only to have it show up in the Hangman/Kenny video package shortly thereafter. Again, could be a total coincidence, but who would think of that one in 2020?!

• Like 4

There's that, and there's Taz on Dark, randomly bringing up Chris Candido mere days after we'd been talking about him for the first time in, like, a decade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

There's that, and there's Taz on Dark, randomly bringing up Chris Candido mere days after we'd been talking about him for the first time in, like, a decade.

Completely forgot that one. Oh boy, did I talk a heap of shit on Team Taz during that Sting/Darby build too. "It's the same God damn thing every week!!" Sorry, Taz.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Missed a word
  • Haha 1