DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/7/2021

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

If Tommy End's WWE name was Aleister Black, can he actually be called Malachai Black in AEW? Because one of the names is the same, innit? Unless it's pronounced Black but it's spelt Bloch or something. Anyway.

Amanda Nunes was there and they mentioned she was a two weight UFC Champion, but they never said anything about how she destroyed Ronda Rousey in a couple of minutes without particularly trying.

I think it's actually Malakai Blacks 

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

If Tommy End's WWE name was Aleister Black, can he actually be called Malachai Black in AEW? Because one of the names is the same, innit?

Well, a trademark can be struck down if it's deemed confusingly similar to an existing trademark. Whether a judge would find "Malachai Black" confusingly similar to "Aleister Black" I have no idea.

Dan Lambert playing the part of Jim Cornette was interesting.  khan's retort to Cornettes rants was clever if anything.  could of condensed it a bit, and not have someone with little to no experience as a wrestling heel try to fill time, but I digress.

Lance Archer playing aews version of (ecws) 911 got the reaction I'm assuming they hoped it would get.  he fits in that role nicely at least.

PA system needs a tweak still, but I'll give them a break since this was the first show on the road in awhile.  I'm sure the live audience has no problems hearing the entrance music, but at home, the only song I heard clearly was the Pixies.

16 minutes ago, AxB said:

If Tommy End's WWE name was Aleister Black, can he actually be called Malachai Black in AEW? Because one of the names is the same, innit? Unless it's pronounced Black but it's spelt Bloch or something. Anyway.

Amanda Nunes was there and they mentioned she was a two weight UFC Champion, but they never said anything about how she destroyed Ronda Rousey in a couple of minutes without particularly trying.

Christian was Christian in WWE he’s been Christian Cage in TNA and now AEW. I don’t think it would be any different than that.

Pretty funny that Black only got to debut tonight because WWE fucked up when they moved him to the main roster and never bothered to change his no-compete clause over to a 90 day one.

• Like 4

Powerhouse’s entrance theme might be my favorite theme after tonight. He killed Baron Black dead in under a minute.

Both Fuego, and Kilynn King we’re on Dark, and they both were the only ones with entrances of the enhancement talent. Probably doesn’t mean their signed, but it’s a good sign at least. The King match was with Yuka BTW. A very sloppy match with the two. The Fuego match was with Hardy, and turned out real fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Christian was Christian in WWE he’s been Christian Cage in TNA and now AEW. I don’t think it would be any different than that.

He was Christian Cage before he was Christian in the WWE, that's why there was no issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Yeah, but he was Christian Cage prior to the WWF. So he had a leg to stand on there. Did Tommy use “Black” at any point before the WWE?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Ross as per usual had some flubs and awkward comments, but he seemed very motivated off the top and it made a difference.  Half way through or so the old guy got a bit tired, but he made it thru, dammit!  I've decided to become a JR fan because he's going nowhere and he does provide some laughs.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So did they sell the lights going out during Cody’s match on commentary? I thought they fucked up, but I’m going to assume that was a tease for later in the night.

They said it was probably due to the bad weather.

Bangkok Baby Omega promo and segment slayed.  The Hangman-Omega build is cruising a long beautifully.  So too Darby-Ethan Page.  Terrific promo from everybody including Jim.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Ross as per usual had some flubs and awkward comments, but he seemed very motivated off the top and it made a difference.  Half way through or so the old guy got a bit tired, but he made it to thru, dammit!  I've decided to become a JR fan because he's going nowhere and he does provide some laughs.  

Tonight he called the mat the "ring floor."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure the reason why they're not rolling with Tommy End is due to the chants that will be coming across on network television.

It's a bad look to advertisers if you have "TOMMY.. TOMMY... TOMMY F'N END!" being said on your show every week or every other week.

That said... I still hate it. 

Excalibur pushing the new name was just weird.

Edited by Wyld Samurai
  • Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
51 minutes ago, Casey said:

But is it too similar to the other Jackson brother’s name????

Malachi Jackson v Matt Jackson v Blackjack Mulligan Hologram triple threat when?

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Pretty funny that Black only got to debut tonight because WWE fucked up when they moved him to the main roster and never bothered to change his no-compete clause over to a 90 day one.

I was going to ask if he got it waived, and this is infinitely funnier. 

• Like 1