DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Karate Kid - 7/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Are they teasing a Xavier Woods heel turn or something?  Meltzer's recap mentioned New Day miscommunication.  Lol, usually tag teams only have "miscommunication" when they're teasing a breakup angle. 

I'd be interested in Kofi turning heel and joining the Hurt Business.  Xavier not so much.

The Jinder stuff sounds hilariously petty.  Beefing with Drew 'cause Drew took too long to call him back and then didn't want to have lunch?  Did this happen when they were in high school?

Edited by Eoae

18 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Are they teasing a Xavier Woods heel turn or something?  Meltzer's recap mentioned New Day miscommunication.  Lol, usually tag teams only have "miscommunication" when they're teasing a breakup angle. 

I'd be interested in Kofi turning heel and joining the Hurt Business.  Xavier not so much.

If you mean from the recap on WON's site

There was some miscommunication between Lashley and Kingston/Woods in this match, so hopefully, they get that sorted out for their match at MITB.)

That sure reads as a "guys fucked up a spot" and not "they are teasing a heel turn"

And looking at the recap on PWI - there is zero mention of it

52 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why? It would be kind of downgrade for Kofi at this point.

Maybe?  It would depend on the execution.  My plan would be to turn Kofi heel, push him and Lashley as a new 2-man Power Trip, then pair him with MVP when Lashely turns babyface.  It wouldn’t be a downgrade if you do it right (granted, WWE tends to bungle pushes).

Mostly, I just feel like it would be something different.  I like New Day well enough but they’ve gotten kind of stale.

I don’t think pushing Kofi as a singles babyface is a bad idea, but Vince is probably more likely to go in on a singles push if he can’t fall back on New Day the first time he gets cold feet.
I

Edited by Eoae

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Only if we get Big Money Kofi as a heel. 

Has Kofi ever been a heel in WWE outside of New Day debuting (I think) as heels?

Edited by Eoae

I seem to remember him being a tweener when he teamed up with Punk for a little bit.  But otherwise, no, he hasn't been a true heel since the indies.