DVDVR Message Board

SDL is the Return of the Z- 7/2/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Wonder what type of deal she got coming back in. Hopefully these wins for Liv actually do lead to her being in MITB.

Not super excited for Bayley/Bianca. I'm sure the match will be good like their last, but it just makes no sense after HIAC.

Otis slaughtering Dawkins on his own was nice. Do wonder how much longer the Mysterios will be gone for. I want them vs. Alpha Academy for the belts.

Owens vs. Sami LMS stole the show with call backs to matches they have had against each other and other matches in their WWE History like Owens surviving the double table fall that made him lose to Ambrose at Royal Rumble 2016 on a LMS match this time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Owens vs. Sami LMS stole the show with call backs to matches they have had against each other and other matches in their WWE History like Owens surviving the double table fall that made him lose to Ambrose at Royal Rumble 2016 on a LMS match this time. 

Looking forward to watching Owens/Zayn LMS. Sucks they didn't get the HIAC as they should have. Owens/Zayn from NXT TakeOver: Rival 2015 is still my #1 Owens/Zayn match.

Edited by The Natural

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I didnt thinknit was going to Tom Zenk or even Larry. 

Larry would be more likely with Zenk being deceased, but there's always a chance...

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Larry would be more likely with Zenk being deceased, but there's always a chance...

Who said that the "Z" in Z-Man stood for Zenk? Could be "Zombie".

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Bringing Zelina back and have her lose in under 3 minutes is soooo WWE.

" YOU'RE BACK...BUT DONT FORGET, NEVER CROSS THE BOSS!!"

???

26 minutes ago, Infinit said:

She deleted her unionization tweet so I think that she's done with that battle.

She gazed up at the enormous face. Six months it had taken her to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding over unionization! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of her nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. She had won the victory over himself. She loved Big Brother.

• Like 4

Bringing Zelina back and have her lose in under 3 minutes is soooo WWE.

Or it could be because she's been back in the company three minutes and barely wrestled during her first stint?  I don't know that I see much upside to putting her over anyone even on SDL's depleted women's roster.  I guess she has some usefulness - apparently her Tik-Tok fanbase is fairly large - but it's a little depressing to see her brought back while about a dozen better wrestlers are parked in NXT.  

Kinda interested in the Bayley stip.  Feel like there's not much reason to run this match unless Bayley's winning.  On the other hand, I don't quite see Vince booking Bianca to quit, so....?  Also curious to see if there's any follow-up to Bayley offering to put her career on the line.  Bianca didn't take the bait, so I assume that bit wasn't meant literally.  In any case, hopefully Bayley wins.

The Corbin stuff is just ugh.  A microcosm of what's wrong with WWE booking.  When's the last time a losing streak got someone over?  Or a crying gimmick?  For that matter, I'm not sure that Corbin delusionally believing his own bs about being a "king" makes him more sympathetic.  Even in kayfabe, it seems a case of having your own head too far up your own a**.  Ditching the crown did lead to me noticing how much Corbin's harline has receded.  And his chin beard is going gray, which is amusing since he has a baby face (not to be confused with a "babyface").

Just now, Eoae said:

Kinda interested in the Bayley stip.  Feel like there's not much reason to run this match unless Bayley's winning.  On the other hand, I don't quite see Vince booking Bianca to quit, so....?  Also curious to see if there's any follow-up to Bayley offering to put her career on the line.  Bianca didn't take the bait, so I assume that bit wasn't meant literally.  In any case, hopefully Bayley wins.

or if Bayley's retiring.  [Not that there's been any chatter about that that I know of, but if she were considering it and/or scratching the baby itch she seems the type to make sure went out on her back "for the biz" first.]

but yes, Bayley's overdue to win (so says the guy who'd kept her away from Belair entirely until they were ready for Bayley to beat her) and hopefully she finally gets her belt back soon.

She deleted her unionization tweet so I think that she's done with that battle.

That's what she wants you to think.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So, both Zelina and Joe are back on the roster after their "release."  I wonder when and where Alestar Black will show up?

I wonder if they'd make him drop his sponsorship deal with Hayabusa if he did come back.

19 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

or if Bayley's retiring. 

That was my first thought when she offered to quit the WWE if Bianca made her quit.  But Bianca no-sold the offer and commentary didn't bring it up either, so I dunno that we were supposed to assume the match is going to be title vs. career.

I can't see the heel straight-up making the babyface say "I quit." And hopefully they aren't planning to book Bayley to quit.  She's been on quite a losing streak since dropping the belt and doesn't need shoved down any further.  So.... Sasha returns, heel shennigans ensue, and Sasha softens up Bianca with the Banks Statement and Bayley finishes her off?

Is there a reason Sasha's been off tv since WM? 

Edited by Eoae

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

but The Zombie is dead, too

Aren't they all? *sigh*

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Or it could be because she's been back in the company three minutes and barely wrestled during her first stint?  I don't know that I see much upside to putting her over anyone even on SDL's depleted women's roster.  I guess she has some usefulness - apparently her Tik-Tok fanbase is fairly large - but it's a little depressing to see her brought back while about a dozen better wrestlers are parked in NXT.  

She returned and was given a spot m in one of WWE's marquee gimmick matches. Given that she was away, wouldn't it be logical for her to return with a victory? 

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

How do you smell "loud and confusing? " I'm both really psyched and totally bummed out about this. And this is, sadly, the exact career move I was likely to make, if I was in the same situation.

She returned and was given a spot m in one of WWE's marquee gimmick matches. Given that she was away, wouldn't it be logical for her to return with a victory? 

Usually.  Though it's worth noting that Wiki lists 10 women on the SDL women's roster.  One is Sonya Deville, who hasn't wrestled in months.  Another is Mia Yim, who has been awol for months.  Bayley and Sasha have a title match.  They seem to be building to a women's tag title match between Natayla/Tamina vs. Mandy/Dana.  If they book that, that leaves four women for the MitB match.  Your odds of making the match if you have a pulse are pretty good, at the moment.

Lol, I actually didn't realize they put Zelina in MitB.  i had the show on in the background but muted the sound and only turned it up for the Bayley segment and a few other brief bits.