DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2021

The Natural

8 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Clarification: Fightful is reporting on the other report.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-daniel-bryan-has-signed-contract-aew

Fightful is reporting on a confirmation of a report from Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam.net that he's "locked in" and "100% signed a contract with AEW"

So while Fightful themselves didn't confirm it - them sharing that news seems to be that they are confident in that reporting. Especially after the SRS tweet from earlier makes me believe it even more. 

Edit-Because Lambert posted the article an hour after said tweet. Plenty of time for confirmation

Edited by Krone Meltzer

8 hours ago, Big Z said:

Super pumped that the current rumors have Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson likely headed to AEW. Not quite as excited about the CM Punk rumors at this point. Think that Bryan is a better short term and medium/long-term addition for both the buzz he would bring and what he would add to the company. Punk feels more like a WCW adding a well past his prime Roddy Piper.

If you could only sign one, Bryan Danielson or CM Punk, Bryan all the way. Put any Punk Money towards buying Bryan.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Anybody wrestling either of those dudes should consider hitting them with a jab. I hear both are super scared of a quick jab. 

Shit...two in a row. I am in danger of becoming a John from Cincinnati fan...quick say something positive about Cody Rhodes in-ring. 

1 hour ago, punkenhead said:

This is literally the first post of yours that I have enjoyed, but man, that's quality stuff. 

1 hour ago, punkenhead said:

Shit...two in a row. I am in danger of becoming a John from Cincinnati fan...quick say something positive about Cody Rhodes in-ring. 

Two of the seventeen posts on this account are about me. I take this as an absolute win. Thank you and you're welcome. 

Edit: Also, the Cody Cutter is trash and I wish he'd retire it. I said something bad about Cody's ring work. WILD CARD! 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

Kenny Omega's One Winged Angel is so protected as a finisher. Amazing to think only Kota Ibushi has kicked out of it with legends in particular Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi not permitted to. I think Adam Hangman Page will join Ibushi in doing so at All Out. That will make for such a holy shit moment years in the making. The only finisher even more protected is Kenta Kobashi's Burning Hammer. Nobody kicked out and it was only used when everything else didn't end it, the Burning Lariat and Moonsault. It was rare to see the Burning Hammer. One Winged Angel features in every Kenny Omega victory.

Edited by The Natural

if AEW has signed Bryan Danielson, wow. Now that's a fucking signing. I rate Bryan as the Greatest Wrestler of All Time. My top five are Danielson #1, Kenta Kobashi #2,  Bret Hart #3, Kazuchika Okada #4 and Hiroshi Tanahashi #5.

• Like 3

What's so tremendous is that it sounds like WWE's push to get a deal with NJPW was their last ditch effort to keep Danielson.  I hope WWE's past treatment of other promotions they've "partnered" with over the past 30 years factored into NJPW's decision.  That would be some excellent "chickens coming home to roost" shit.  Bring in an amazing dealmaker in Nick Kahn in an effort to go legit, only to get tripped up by your carny trash past.  Delicious.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

What's so tremendous is that it sounds like WWE's push to get a deal with NJPW was their last ditch effort to keep Danielson.  I hope WWE's past treatment of other promotions they've "partnered" with over the past 30 years factored into NJPW's decision.  That would be some excellent "chickens coming home to roost" shit.  Bring in an amazing dealmaker in Nick Kahn in an effort to go legit, only to get tripped up by your carny trash past.  Delicious.

I honestly think it has. It's refreshing seeing competitors come together for the greater good, working alongside each other. AEW, NJPW and IMPACT Wrestling.

• Like 3

In a much crueler timeline Nick Khan engineers a deal with New Japan to save their relationship with Daniel Bryan.  A couple months later New Japan shows are showing up on the network to the delight of many many people. Unfortunately their “forbidden door” only swings one way like all WWE’s alleged partnerships.  New Japan is gutted and becomes a worn out husk.  Like Progress and ICW before them, the New Japan many have enjoyed over the last ten years will be transformed into just another puppet regime like those UK groups mentioned previously.

Long story short: It’s a good thing Bryan Danielson signed with AEW! 

• Like 3