DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2021

The Natural

On 7/3/2021 at 12:32 AM, The Natural said:

Said this before and will again. I want to slap Pentagon when he does his taunt over and over.

He will do it 50 times, and we’ll have no choice, but to love it. When I was at DoN this year we were all dying to do it with him too.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

If the Dark Order do jump to the Sammy Vlog (well, Alan Angels is already there, but the rest of them), and suddenly that starts winning the view count races every week (instead of just the one time), that could serve as a really silly way to get back to the Elite vs Inner Circle feud. Although they have already started a vlog vs vlog fued.

On 7/4/2021 at 3:18 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Before the PPV I would’ve said “no” to Moxley & Kingston as tag champs because we never got a real sense if this would work on TV wrestling, but after the match happened I was 100% on going with that team eventually. Probably for one of the New York shows. But you could do two title matches. Kingston & Moxley challenging in Rochester, and Santana & Ortiz dethroning the Bucks at Arthur Ashe.

Edit: Oh wait, the stadium show comes before Rochester. I guess only one challenge in the end. Still that’s where I’d switch the belts.

I think they made absolutely the right move in having arguably the best tag team, the Bucks, defeat a pair of singles wrestlers, Kingston/Mox.  It was also needed with Mox taking time off.  The idea of Santana/Ortiz in the Arthur Ashe victory spot is tremendous.  I had been hoping for Silver and Reynolds upset win, but the LAX big hometown victory sounds good too.

I only caught a little of Elevation this week, but loved seeing Scorpio squash hairdo.  Hairdo, er Marcus Cross, took an incredible TKO to finish.  

The Dante Martin match is worth a watch. He busted out a few moves I haven’t seen him use before, and they teased a new partnership with Matt Sydal. I guess with his brother out, and Sydal’s brother not being signed they’ll go with these two as a team for the time being.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

I love that as soon as Dark Order dare mess with Elite business the Bucks kick them off.  It's such a newer way to do a heel move and is the right move for the Bucks to do in response to last Wednesday.  I also think it's a nice way to not only bring more attention to Sammy's vlog with the "viewership wars" but also give the show a boost by having DO on there.  I see it as a win-win for everybody here.

As for Dark that had some fun matchups.  I say that the real winners of the Orange/Angelico were the female fans and they had a pretty good match there.  Nice to see that Orange won with the Mouse Trap considering who he was against.  I also was incredibly happy to see Serena on there and she had a short but impactful squash match.  The clothesline in particular was nice and nasty-looking.  Considering Serena lost the NWA women's title my hope is that she is next to get the AEW women's title.  I know Britt should have it for awhile and Tay Conti is a strong contender for it as well.  But at some point I really just want a strong Serena Deeb title reign as she would crush it.

• Like 3

Serena, per usual, looked awesome out there last night (and I died at Tony coming with a timely flub about Serena competing for both the NWA and AWA titles - maybe he did it on purpose and is the greatest friend ever).

I also loved Orange winning with the mousetrap - it reminded me of Cody winning that TV match vs (I think one of the Private Party guys?) with the figure 4. We need more of that!! 

Also hard agree @LoneWolf&Subson that Darius match, I think they'll be a super fun makeshift team (though part of me is bummed Mike didn't get signed, admittedly. I thought they were another great Evans/Angelico style team).

• Like 2

Cesar and Drake made them a goofier group overall that I liked watching, but you can still get a lot out of Nemeth and Avalon as a tag team on Dark.

BTW, what is Leva Bates role with this company? She's still there all the time, I don't think I've seen her wrestle in forever, but I also don't watch Dark unless she's wrestling on there.

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The Dante Martin match is worth a watch. He busted out a few moves I haven’t seen him use before, and they teased a new partnership with Matt Sydal. I guess with his brother out, and Sydal’s brother not being signed they’ll go with these two as a team for the time being.

Chaos Project as usual, were brilliant in that match as well.

Dark tonight is 17 matches. So we're getting one final two hour epic episode before they go back to pre pandemic 40 minuters

49 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Cesar and Drake made them a goofier group overall that I liked watching, but you can still get a lot out of Nemeth and Avalon as a tag team on Dark.

BTW, what is Leva Bates role with this company? She's still there all the time, I don't think I've seen her wrestle in forever, but I also don't watch Dark unless she's wrestling on there.

She has a backstage role as well.

I really wish they'd get rid of Jack and push Angelico as a single.  I'd love to see an Angelico/Penta feud involving some limbs being broken.

Edited by alstein

Oh Jesus, God, no!  I really hope these Wingmen split rumours aren’t true.

I can’t imagine they’ll let Bononi get away.  He’s huge and has come a long way in a short time.  I’d hate to see Drake go either, he’s been a terrific hand.  

I’ve dug Nemeth and Avalon in their current roles, but they’re both, in ring at least, the weak points of the unit.  

• Like 1

It would be really silly if they didn't keep Drake around.

I bet Johnny Ace would jump on giving Bononi a second chance, considering the current/future climate.

Drake is a good hand and I would rather have him over Bononi, who just looks like a big, clumsy oaf.

On the other hand, with them touring, it means giving more locals in various areas more of a chance to work dark matches and get them some exposure, which is cool. 

LET'S GO FUEGO!  *clap clap clapclapclap*

I really hope he finally gets a win even if that means it's his last match for the company for who knows how long.  My hope is that once they see how things go with touring again they'll start to sign some of the Dark crew.