DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Imagery.

That stuff is even happening up here. We have had pretty decent vax numbers (though it looks like we are gonna stall out at around 80%, mostly due to the southern Manitoba Bible Belt), but the province still set up a vaccination lottery with a few prizes of $100K+

1 hour ago, elizium said:

That stuff is even happening up here. We have had pretty decent vax numbers (though it looks like we are gonna stall out at around 80%, mostly due to the southern Manitoba Bible Belt), but the province still set up a vaccination lottery with a few prizes of $100K+

I'm having my second shot in a few weeks, but this shit is getting ridiculous to the point where I wish I would have neglected my shots until someone started to give me extra incentive to get them! Not really , but c'mon now ! 

Edited by Shartnado
clarification

5 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I'm having my second shot in a few weeks, but this shit is getting ridiculous to the point where I wish I would have neglected my shots until someone started to give me extra incentive to get them! Not really , but c'mon now ! 

This shit is like when you see the commercial for a free new cell phone with a new contract and you go to cash in and they tell you it's only for new customers. Nobody gives a fuck about the people already in the tent only about the new assholes wandering outside the tent. I've recently come to the conclusion that we only really reward the people who behave the worst. Doing what you should do isn't going to earn you shit. You just have to be satisfied knowing you did what was right. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, supremebve said:

This shit is like when you see the commercial for a free new cell phone with a new contract and you go to cash in and they tell you it's only for new customers. Nobody gives a fuck about the people already in the tent only about the new assholes wandering outside the tent. I've recently come to the conclusion that we only really reward the people who behave the worst. Doing what you should do isn't going to earn you shit. You just have to be satisfied knowing you did what was right. 

I do what I should so much it's not even funny! But yeah, I've learned to live with it! It's cool.

Remember that Chris Rock skit about people who want credit for shit you're supposed to do? "I take care of my kids!" You're supposed to, you dumb motherfucker!

Edited by Shartnado
Comedy reference
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Because he had no ACL and they wouldn't turn the lights on, even though his mask had gauze eyes instead of eyeholes?

5 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

The same Sin Cara who fucked up every match? And couldn't even get his entrance right most of the time? 

Actually no this is Hunico (Sin Cara 2) that posted that. He's not the original Sin Cara 1 that botched everything (Mistico). He's the one that mainly teamed with Kalisto in The Lucha Dragons.

Reginald publicly popping off at the mouth annoys me. I don't care how many nights he performed in the circus. Professional wrestling is a different animal built on respect. You keep your mouth shut and your ears open and put your time in to earn everyone's respect. It's not a birth right to be in the business, it's a privilege you're supposed to earn.

1 minute ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Actually no this is Hunico (Sin Cara 2) that posted that. He's not the original Sin Cara 1 that botched everything (Mistico). He's the one that mainly teamed with Kalisto in The Lucha Dragons.

Reginald publicly popping off at the mouth annoys me. I don't care how many nights he performed in the circus. Professional wrestling is a different animal built on respect. You keep your mouth shut and your ears open and put your time in to earn everyone's respect. It's not a birth right to be in the business, it's a privilege you're supposed to earn.

I couldn't disagree more. If Reginald wants to defend himself online over someone doubting his ability,  he's well within his rights to do so. We're talking about pro wrestling. If the worst thing you can say about a wrestler is that he claps back at Hunico on Twitter, he's in the 99th percentile of good guys. You act like this isn't an industry filled with crazy people who have ranged from racists, to murderers,  to child molesters,  and every other kind of degenerate... this shit isn't a privilege you have to earn. It's a carny business. 

• Like 2

He's publicly clapping back at someone with 20 years of experience in wrestling when he's a rookie. It's disrespectful. It's irrelevant to this discussion if other terrible people that happened to be wrestlers committed murder. There's a hierarchy of respect you're supposed to adhere to and work your way up. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, speaking out against a 20 year vet when you don't actually know shit yet is disrespectful. You don't have to agree with it, but that's just the way it is. I promise you he has some annoyed enemies in the locker room now.

The correct approach (if saying anything at all) would be something along the lines of appreciating the dedication of Hunico doing that entrance through injuries and stuff and say he would try his best to do the same. Not a general fuck you I did this for years you aint shit kind of reply.

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

So to become a pro wrestler, do i have to be born with the sacred birthmark or do I have to pull Excalbur from the stone and shout "I am the POWAH!!! ?  I mean, i consider wrestling more of a job than a birthright or a privilege.  

As far as I'm concerned, Hunico started that spat (unless there's more to it than I've seen) and deserves Reginald's response.  He doesn't work for WWE anymore, so is there a reason he wants to pull it out and dick measure who had the better choreographed entrance?  Seems goofy to me.  I have no idea how Reginald's trampoline entrance diminishes Sin Cara's in any way.

I also don't think I'd be pulling the "Now become a pro wrestler" card if I had Hunico's career.  Dude is a fantastic athlete (like Reginald) but never struck me as memorable or charismatic before, during, or after his WWE run.

Did Reginald say put down Sin Cara on social media or something?  This just seems like an insecure dude playing social media tough guy over an imaginary diss (thank god that only happens like once a decade on the internet).

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

So to become a pro wrestler, do i have to be born with the sacred birthmark or do I have to pull Excalbur from the stone and shout "I am the POWAH!!! ?  I mean, i consider wrestling more of a job than a birthright or a privilege.  

As far as I'm concerned, Hunico started that spat (unless there's more to it than I've seen) and deserves Reginald's response.  He doesn't work for WWE anymore, so is there a reason he wants to pull it out and dick measure who had the better choreographed entrance?  Seems goofy to me.  I have no idea how Reginald's trampoline entrance diminishes Sin Cara's in any way.

I also don't think I'd be pulling the "Now become a pro wrestler" card if I had Hunico's career.  Dude is a fantastic athlete (like Reginald) but never struck me as memorable or charismatic before, during, or after his WWE run.

Did Reginald say put down Sin Cara on social media or something?  This just seems like an insecure dude playing social media tough guy over an imaginary diss (thank god that only happens like once a decade on the internet).

If he gets cut Reggie probably doesn't want to be on a indy show given hunico has a rep for locker room fights.

There's two discussions to be had here.

1. Pro wrestling isn't just a 9-5 job. It's a career in a strange business built on traditions and respect that not everyone knows the ins and outs of until they join the business. That's not always a good thing. There have been shitty traditions that were perpetuating bad habits that needed to go away. But wrestling is less like an office job and more like a motorcycle gang. I say that because the best explanation I can give to someone on the outside is to liken it to Sons of Anarchy. The way the MC runs on that show definitely isn't a 9-5 or normal. But all the guys in the group understand and operate under those rules. They have traditions and expectations and punishments for not doing things the way they're supposed to be done. You can debate if you like that or don't like it or think that it's right or wrong. But everyone who comes into the business has to learn how to operate within those traditions if they want to be a part of it. Punching above your weight class and talking shit to someone who has 20 years of experience when you have none is a violation of how things operate.

2. Why did Hunico make a post at all? I tend to agree it's probably insecurity coming from Reginald's entrance getting some love. But why did Reginald feel the need to go onto a Hunico post on his page and make a reply? He specifically went on to Hunico's post, and made a comment to disrespect him. And shit man, yeah it probably was hard as fuck to do the trampoline entrance with a decomposed ACL. So while it's probably insecure of him to post it at all, he has a point. Reginald didn't need to clap back at all. ESPECIALLY since he's on the bottom rung. Again if he felt the need to comment at all it shouldn't have been to disrespect a dude. That doesn't show respect for dudes that came before you. But that's what you get when you put green dudes that haven't learned the business on TV right away.

I should probably let this be my last post on the subject tho. I don't feel like I'm quite articulating the real premise of my argument properly. But I tried.

• Like 1

The earliest chronological Petit Prince match we have, vs Bobby Genele

This was after some concentrated armwork by Genele and it's ... I mean, basically a Spanish Fly from 1966

EqqqGK.gif

Petit Prince doing Petit Prince things:

w0002m.gif

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Matt D said:

The earliest chronological Petit Prince match we have, vs Bobby Genele

This was after some concentrated armwork by Genele and it's ... I mean, basically a Spanish Fly from 1966

EqqqGK.gif

Petit Prince doing Petit Prince things:

w0002m.gif

But unlike a Spanish fly this move looks like it follows physics of a judo-esque throw and not just 2 people holding arms and flipping.

• Like 1