DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Imagery.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Fallen Angel with hair sighting!

That hairline is just barely holding on at this point.

I thought the ankh singlet/taped fists look was very badass when I was 18.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Idiot King said:

What an odd assortment! Who is that down front in red?

Was this an actual event that took place? I'd think this would have to be 98/early 99 if that's Fatu working the Sultan gimmick outside of the WWE.

I did some further googling and found that pic along with a ticket stub someone had. It apparently took place November 7th, 1998 in Fort Lewis, WA but I can't find anything else about it. Looking at the Cagematch listings for a couple of those guys turns up nothing. I think that might be Mike Modest in the front by Daniels?

8 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I did some further googling and found that pic along with a ticket stub someone had. It apparently took place November 7th, 1998 in Fort Lewis, WA but I can't find anything else about it. Looking at the Cagematch listings for a couple of those guys turns up nothing. I think that might be Mike Modest in the front by Daniels?

I don't think Modest ever had hair like that, at least not in pictures I can find.

I think it might be Mikey Henderson, who was Suicide Kid in APW:

01.jpg

• Like 1

Back around 18 years ago, we did a show for a trainee in UPW that had contracted Leukemia. We had various raffles and auctions throughout the event. One of them was for going to be for the singlet, but the guy who wrestled the match before that particular auction, threw his California Championship belt in with it as well. People weren't biting much on that lot, so I put in a bid and ended up winning the singlet and the belt.

The biggest instant moneymaker was for a local fan (later EWF ring announcer) being chopped by Super Dragon for a $1 donation. It ended up being over $150 dollars, so we swapped in choppers and choppees over time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Back around 18 years ago, we did a show for a trainee in UPW that had contracted Leukemia. We had various raffles and auctions throughout the event. One of them was for going to be for the singlet, but the guy who wrestled the match before that particular auction, threw his California Championship belt in with it as well. People weren't biting much on that lot, so I put in a bid and ended up winning the singlet and the belt. 

That's pretty cool. Do you still have the belt too?

Some Rene (Jack De) Lasartesse being awesome against James Brown.

First up a single arm, inner hook suplex.

Ogy4JB.gif

Then a waistlock into a slam. Considering he was huge, just a lanky bastard with big reach and able to get huge heat with his attitude alone, that was also doing bombs away kneedrops in the 60s....

362WY4.gif

• Like 4

6 hours ago, quackhell said:

Yoko stooging like a boss.

Yet, Taker, and the rest would get on DDP’s case for that a few years later.

Yoko was great at it though. I don’t think there was ever a wrestler as good him when it came to whipping there head back on a worked strike. All of the Yoko Vs. Taker matches are so fun to me because it’s Yokozuna doing it for 15+ minutes a match.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

WWE HOF Dory Funk Jr. Talks CWF, Eddie Graham, Dory Funk Sr., NWA Title in  Tampa, Title Reign - YouTube

We need the Funk, we gotta have the Funk

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

35 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Not sure who this is?  Is that Onita in the pink?

No idea who the other guy is.

Onita getting hit with an exploding barbed wire baseball bat by Abdullah Kobayashi. The whole deal was just ultimately really sad to me.