DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

When those fucks can actually remember to get me my dipping sauces I paid for and get my order here in less than two hours, then they can waste time on petty marketing squabbles. Get your own house in order before crying about petty stuff like this.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There were folks who did wonder last week if the death match stuff on their TV might effect sponsors. 

This was always going to be a risk with how much AEW likes to be the promotion that pushes the envelope now with the hardcore matches and content right now. It was bound to happen at some point. If Tony Khan is not OK with this, he has no one to blame but himself. 

Secondly, I fear this is a well they are going to far too often. It could set a dangerous precedent for AEW. 

I think TK should officially “ban” Nick Gage from TV in a press release. This way Gage can ad a new moniker for himself, and maybe just bring him back for PPV’s. It would suck if he did all he was hired for, and gets nothing in return. Although he is probably a bigger name than ever before because of this.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think TK should officially “ban” Nick Gage from TV in a press release. This way Gage can ad a new moniker for himself, and maybe just bring him back for PPV’s.

I love this idea. They just keep their nose clean on Dynamite for a while, and Gage leans into the whole thing on the indies and gets to make some cash off of it. Win/win.

MJF tweeted that since Gage didn't win, he wasn't going to get paid. So now we have a storyline reason for Gage to go after Friedman, down the line.

• Like 4

So how does it work? Does Keith Mitchell, and TK know what commercials are set to air? I can’t believe Lynn didn’t coach them to do that spot right before that commercial break. That was easily the most effective picture in picture I’ve seen ever on a national. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

When those fucks can actually remember to get me my dipping sauces I paid for and get my order here in less than two hours, then they can waste time on petty marketing squabbles. Get your own house in order before crying about petty stuff like this.

Yeah, they couldn't get our pizza to us in under an hour recently and had to refund everything. No wonder they had to crack the whip and do that "under 20 minutes" deal. Hell, they owe me a pizza cutter far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

As much as I do not like Cody, doesn't this ultimately fall on Uncle Tony as the booker and owner, not any of the VPs? 

Pretty much, but I’m just wondering how it was called. Did Tony say to Mr. JL “Domino’s commercial is coming up, time to get them in position”?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Making my post in the Daniel Bryan appreciation thread when he beat John Cena cleanly at SummerSlam 2013 got me thinking about clean jobs by Cena. I've gone from Cena as the ace in a one on one singles match without any shenanigans. I've come up with:

Shawn Michaels on RAW, 23rd April 2007.

Triple H at Night of Champions 2008.

Batista. SummerSlam 2008.

The Rock, WrestleMania XXVIII.

Brock Lesnar. SummerSlam 2014. Lesnar squashes Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Kevin Owens. Elimination Chamber 2015.

Alberto Del Rio. Hell in a Cell. Biggest headscratcher on the list.

AJ Styles. SummerSlam 2016.

Dean Ambrose. Smackdown Live, 20th September 2016.

Shinsuke Nakamura. Smackdown Live, 1st August 2017. Infamous match when Cena gets dropped badly on his neck.

Roman Reigns. No Mercy 2017.

38 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

What about the Punk match? I guess technically he was distracted by Laurinitis et al, but I'd argue the effect was the same.

Eh, I dunno. Cena had Punk trapped in the STF and likely would've won if not for Vince sending Laurinitis in to ring the bell. Counter argument is that Cena could've just ignored Vince and Big Johnny and kept the hold on until Punk tapped and that he was done in by his own hubris making Punk's win clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

What about the Punk match? I guess technically he was distracted by Laurinitis et al, but I'd argue the effect was the same.

23 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Eh, I dunno. Cena had Punk trapped in the STF and likely would've won if not for Vince sending Laurinitis in to ring the bell. Counter argument is that Cena could've just ignored Vince and Big Johnny and kept the hold on until Punk tapped and that he was done in by his own hubris making Punk's win clean.

Yeah, I was undecided on John Cena vs. CM Punk from Money in the Bank 2011. That's the only worthwhile Montreal Screwjob recreation fitting the story that CM Punk was leaving with the WWE Championship and Vince McMahon wasn't having it. Fuck Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels and Triple H doing that to Bret Hart at the 1997 Survivor Series.