DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

The issue with Punk & Bryan as Hall & Nash is that they are going to be insanely over. If someone 'turns' to be their Hogan that person is going to get a massive pop.

I'd almost prefer the two of them to face off. At least then Punk could be a heel.

Have Bryan's debut announcement. Build it up. Make it a main event segment on Dynamite.

Then when he signs the contract and everyone is happy Punk can attack him.

The story writes itself - "Bryan was a "good little soldier" but he only ever thought about himself. He stayed... He 'fought for his dreams'... No... He SOLD OUT!

Punk had too much pride and dignity to lower himself to that level.

Punk has standards.

Punk is the leader that everyone hates but who everyone needs and damn it, if it wasn't for Punk dropping a pipebomb 10 years ago, AEW wouldn't even exist!"

Give me THAT feud please and thank you.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, nate said:

What's the deal between Kingston and Hero?

It’s been long debated if it’s a work or a shoot, but seems to stem from Kingston feeling that Hero ran Blackjack Marciano out of the business after an injury.  I also believe they just don’t generally get along.  It also seems to extend to Cesaro & Kingston which is kind of weird.

• Thanks 1

Kingston/Hero seems more like "really dislike each other" vs Punk/Cabana suing each other. Yeesh. 

Y'all are just kidding when you're talking about Punk and Danielson coming in like Hall and Nash, right?

...right?!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Morganti said:

For those aware of hip hop beef. See 50cent vs Ja Rule

Fair, I guess it's not a hard and fast rule.

By the way, how great of an episode of Beef was that, with 50 being interviewed on the balcony? (To keep it on topic, he does say at one point 'This ain't no WWF'). He had a lot of great lines in that one. "I stay in the hood 'cause I'm that hood, you stay in the hood 'cause you stuck there" is an all time great.

15 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

It’s been long debated if it’s a work or a shoot, but seems to stem from Kingston feeling that Hero ran Blackjack Marciano out of the business after an injury.  I also believe they just don’t generally get along.  It also seems to extend to Cesaro & Kingston which is kind of weird.

Eddie said in an interview recently that Cesaro was supposed to put him over before he went to WWE. I think it was Chikara, maybe? Wherever they were together before. Then Cesaro refused on the day of. Eddie appears to be a bit of a grudge carrier.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, just drew said:

Eddie said in an interview recently that Cesaro was supposed to put him over before he went to WWE. I think it was Chikara, maybe? Wherever they were together before. Then Cesaro refused on the day of. Eddie appears to be a bit of a grudge carrier.

I would assume it would have been in Chikara, but a quick look through the end of Cesaro's time there it never looks like they had a logical match. They were doing a G1 style block tournament for the Grand Champion and neither Cesaro or Kingston were in the same block.

Wait, what's this about Hero and AEW anyway? I don't recall seeing anything about Hero joining AEW in some capacity. The last thing I saw about Hero was the he worked a ROH show as an agent or something.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Wait, what's this about Hero and AEW anyway? I don't recall seeing anything about Hero joining AEW in some capacity. The last thing I saw about Hero was the he worked a ROH show as an agent or something.

Nothing there, just armchair hiring by fans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, that was my fault, I brought him up. Someone was suggesting a Punk/Bryan NWO-type invasion, and I said that when Bryan and Joe left WWE, I had the same idea and another poster at that time said Hero would be a great fit, so I was just revisiting that conversation now that Joe is unavailable. 

Edit: lol what Wolf said much more succinctly, basically

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I don’t know how to feel about Hero. He’s not the guy I thought he was going to be. If he was hired, he’d be just a good hand with credibility, like Colt, Joe, and Regal.

I agree with the first half of your post. Just kinda... fell off the radar. And Im a fan of the guy, that's not shit talk. I'm sure a lot of it was timing with the pandemic, but who knows. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

56 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I agree with the first half of your post. Just kinda... fell off the radar. And Im a fan of the guy, that's not shit talk. I'm sure a lot of it was timing with the pandemic, but who knows. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

He had such a great indy run after his first NXT stint, just so much good stuff.  Then he went back to NXT, which was such a head-scratcher, and really did nothing as far as I can tell.  Then he was released over a year ago and there was some buzz but then he didn't do anything.  Now it's a few wasted years and he's in his early 40s and nobody's really talking about him.  I like Hero a lot but I'm not sure what else there could be for him.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

He started a podcast, Chris Hero, but he put it on Ad Free Shows. And the people who are subbed to that are into old school 80s/90s Wrestling, so it's not making the mark you'd think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxB said:

He started a podcast, Chris Hero, but he put it on Ad Free Shows. And the people who are subbed to that are into old school 80s/90s Wrestling, so it's not making the mark you'd think.

I did totally forget about that. I didn't get much into it, but do remember there being a lot of Reddit chatter about it at the time now that you mention it.

I'm just blown away that, between a second NXT stint where not much happened and not doing anything since his release, he's done nothing really notable in five years.   That time between his release and now really gets to me.  The dude made a big thing on social media about the return of Chris Hero, and then nothing outside of a podcast nobody listens to.

I remember after his first release, he went on Colt's podcast to promote some sort of wrestling training gimmick he was doing.  Nothing came of that.  Maybe that's just Hero; more of a planner than a doer.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Sad 1