DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Well if Punk comes down from the crowd wearing all denim in a few weeks and then Bryan shows up two weeks later....you know it's on. Line 'em up 3 vs. 3 at All Out and we've got what we need to light the fuse on AEW taking over the top spot

"Dwayne Johnson you can go to hell......"

Punk: You want a war? You got one.

Punk: I got a big surprise for you next week.

Cardona: Look at the adjective “Play”. We don’t play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If Bryan is Nash in this scenario, I can't wait to see him rocking FUBU for his weekly in-ring interviews. 

That actually would get me to tune in to AEW again. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

OH OH OH OH! I nearly forgot. I was listening to Talkin' Shop for the first time in awhile on Sunday because they had Chuck, Yuta, and Orange on it. So while Gallows is doing his Fink impression in introducing the three, when he introduces Dustin, he says something like, "he's an AEW superstar and some famous announcers don't love him when they do commentary..."

I laughed so fucking hard. Figured @Technico Supportwould get a kick out of that.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Craig H said:

OH OH OH OH! I nearly forgot. I was listening to Talkin' Shop for the first time in awhile on Sunday because they had Chuck, Yuta, and Orange on it. So while Gallows is doing his Fink impression in introducing the three, when he introduces Dustin, he says something like, "he's an AEW superstar and some famous announcers don't love him when they do commentary..."

I laughed so fucking hard. Figured @Technico Supportwould get a kick out of that.

LOL thanks for that!  It's tremendous that AEW talent is allowed to low key dunk on JR for his bullshit with impunity. 

Another JR idea, instead of taking him off Dynamite for a backstage sitdown role, just start another Youtube show with just hosses and let him do commentary on that.  AEW Dark: Beefy Boys and JR Boners

• Haha 3

Emily Blunt, who was also being interviewed about Jungle Cruise, weighed in on the issue too and delivered an amusingly sarcastic response to Diesel's comments. "Just thank God he was there," she said. "Thank God. He carried you through that."

Mary Poppins shooting on Diesel on behalf of The Rock.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Excalibur: It’s Okada!

JR: but who’s side is he on!?!?

Tony: Wut?

Excalibur: What are you…?

More like

JR : “but who’s that”

Ex: “that’s… the Punk”

JR: “the who?”

Ex: “The Punk, and THATS THE DRAGON NOT FAR BEHIND”

JR: “The what?”

Ex: “The Punk and The Dragon”

JR: “wha…”

Tony: “That’s right JR”

In researching this I had to rewatch the Butcher and Blade debut again. The live crowd was so dead for that, which makes the commentary on it even funnier.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

There's more than enough of that sweet sweet Khan money for both ??

I had originally suggested a Punk/Bryan/Joe stable when the latter two left WWE, and another poster (sorry I forget which of you) had the great suggestion to add Chris Hero. They could still go with just the three of them, and it would still be fantastic.

Truthfully, any one of the three even on their own would be a great signing, although admittedly Hero probably doesn't have that same level "star power" since the WWE machine didn't quite get behind him in that way, but I think a guy like that would win the AEW audience over really quickly, especially back on the road now.

• Like 1

Punk and Cabana,  Hero and Kingston, all in the same company? And everyone's been getting on so well, to this point.

• Haha 1

Is Cabana still with AEW?  I haven't seen his name in results for quite awhile?  I guess he and Punk haven't resolved their differences?  Whatever happened to the lawsuit (Cabana was suing Punk, irrc)?

Honestly, if AEW can sign Punk, Cabana better stop answering his phone.  Fortunately for him, I don't believe for a second that this might actually happen (or Danielson either).

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Another JR idea, instead of taking him off Dynamite for a backstage sitdown role, just start another Youtube show with just hosses and let him do commentary on that.  AEW Dark: Beefy Boys and JR Boners

The Mister Brody Lee Memorial Big Tourney. 250lbs minimum , make a big deal out of 8 big ole sides of beef weighing in. even better if most of them played college ball

• Haha 1