DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:03 PM, The Natural said:

Great match with WALTER's biggest weapon, the chop compromised by chopping the announcers table but still used it to win. Ciampa's running clothesline on repeat as well. Hope we still get WALTER vs. Finn Balor. We need WALTER back in an NXT TakeOver ASAP.

WALTER vs. Ciampa from NXT TakeOver: Stand and Deliver and Finn Balor vs. Kyle O'Reilly from NXT TakeOver 31 were the most I'd enjoyed NXT main events in years going away from the Cole vs. Gargano/Cole vs. Ciampa match formulas. I hate those OTT bouts.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Did I miss the dude who posts wrestling crosswords for last month? 

No, you didn't miss it.  I took a break from them for the last little bit, but I'm actually planning to post a new one this week. It could be up by as early as tomorrow.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Drink driving really annoys me as the Uncle I sadly never met was killed by one.

Same here except my uncle drove drunk and killed himself in a crash. Life wasted. There's no excuse to be driving drunk. Jimmy needs to get some help or get off the roads. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Same here except my uncle drove drunk and killed himself in a crash. Life wasted. There's no excuse to be driving drunk. Jimmy needs to get some help or get off the roads. 

I'm named after my Uncle, he was only 27. Indeed, there's no excuse for drink driving.

• Like 3

Just now, hammerva said:

This has not been a good day for wrestling.  We were afraid this would happen eventually but still sad to hear.

Fucking hell. Everyone loves Terry Funk, the Funker and rightly so.

So how many times do you get to get caught for dui without doing some jail time?  Jimmy's been charged at least 3-4 times that I can think of, going back about 10 years.  

For that matter, why has Jey been off tv?  Story line or something else?

Feel bad for the guy, but he's had at least a decade to deal with the problem and apparently won't or can't.  Time for someone else to deal with him before he hurts someone.

I feel fairly sure that, if my bac were over .2, I'd be too blitzed to figure out how to drive.  I'd be trying to flip the car over and steer with the muffler.

45 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'm named after my Uncle, he was only 27. Indeed, there's no excuse for drink driving.

Same here again, though I don't remember how old he exactly was. My family on that side never got over it. 

That sucks to hear about Terry Funk. I wouldn't wish such a fate on anyone.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eoae said:

So how many times do you get to get caught for dui without doing some jail time?  Jimmy's been charged at least 3-4 times that I can think of, going back about 10 years.  

He was found not guilty for his last DUI.  Any competent lawyer will keep him out of jail.  The system is pretty much set up to keep them in the court system continously and not in jail unless something more severe happens (accident/etc). 

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Same here again, though I don't remember how old he exactly was. My family on that side never got over it. 

That sucks to hear about Terry Funk. I wouldn't wish such a fate on anyone.  

I'm sorry your family had to go through that. My apologies for not saying so in my original reply. Did a real number on my family too.

I dread Dementia as I do cancer and MND. My Nan, Uncle and next door neighbour all died from Dementia. It's horrible.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Jimmy has been arrested 3 times for DUI (and 1 for drunken disorderly conduct)

1st: Sept 2011 - convinced, sentenced to probation

2nd: Feb 2019 - This was the disorderly conduct one that also involved Jey and Naomi. Jimmy was charged with disorderly conduct and obstruction of justice. Due to a plea agreement, he plead no contest to interfering with a government employee and he was ordered to pay a $450 fine

3rd: July 2019 - as noted by nofuture - he was found not guilty in a jury trial (regarding this one - Uso never failed a sobriety test. He was arrested for speeding, the officer believed he was impaired, Uso wanted his attorney present so he was brought in. Uso opted for the jury trial)

4th is the one that just happened.

Jey Uso was arrested for a DUI in Jan 2018 so that might be why Jimmy's total seems higher

• Like 1