DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 6/29/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I actually am hoping Finn moves back to the main roster, specifically Smackdown. I think he is more likely to be allowed to keep the character he formed in NXT there, and a feud with Roman would be so good. The two had such good chemistry before and both are only better now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I also could have sworn Meltzer recently said that Balor was "done" with NXT but I can't find that anywhere online so it might have been a fever dream

Okay - just to follow up on this, this is what Dave put in the WON after the most recent Kross match

The entire reason Balor was brought to NXT was to fight AEW, and that fight is over. He’s done his purpose in putting over Kross twice clean. He’s about to turn 40 and really shouldn’t be in NXT any longer although these days guys like him have been getting lost on Raw and Smackdown. But there are plenty of programs with just about any top singles guy on either roster that are out there.

16 hours ago, droneking said:

Remember when Finn and Walter were going to wrestle in Dublin at NXT UK Takeover? I do.?

Just said in the July Wrestling Discussion topic that I hope the match still comes to pass but I don't think it will. NXT TakeOver really needs WALTER again.

I actually really like Gargano/The Way as tweeners, where the crowd is cheering him over Kross while booing the women's team. It's a weird dynamic with the crowd cheering Gargano (and a lot of it is possibly that the crowd really just wants anyone but Kross as champ) but booing him at any other chance but I think he could have a really fun feud with Kross. And I love Samoa Joe as Gargano's bemused babysitter, pulling him out of the way of Kross' car and suggesting maybe he pushed it a little far. I think it would actually be a fun dynamic to put the WC on Gargano and have him as a tweener champ who cheats to win to beat faces (KOR etc.) but channels is Johnny Wrestling persona when facing other heels

Loved the main event. How is B-Fab as a wrestler? Because as a valet, she's pretty great, reacting to everything in the ring like Zelina Vega used to. Also she is REALLY...settle down Caleynetico.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caley said:

Loved the main event. How is B-Fab as a wrestler? Because as a valet, she's pretty great, reacting to everything in the ring like Zelina Vega used to. Also she is REALLY...settle down Caleynetico.

I don't think anyone knows

She is one of those folks from outside of wrestling who went to a WWE tryout and got signed.

Cagematch lists her as having a grand total of 8 matches all on the Coconut Loop (and all pre-Pandemic)

At first, I thought L.A. Knight was going to make Grimes put up his recently aquired fortune in order to get a shot at the million $ title. Hey, Grimes will make a decent Virg... er, I mean butler, so as long he won't lose all his money in the process. I mean there can still be some fine print in the contract that states that if he fails to perform his duties properly, he will forefeit his wealth to Knight, making him a real (multi-) million dollar man.

On 6/30/2021 at 9:58 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Two things

1. Balor specifically requested to be "down" in NXT. I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. 

2. Nick Kahn isn't the one approving the cuts, Vince is.  NK is just the name of some exec that the internet decided to blame for everything.

I don’t think Finn is getting released, nor do I think there’s any reason he wouldn’t go to the main roster. As it currently stands though, I think his presumably decent size contract combined with only showing up a couple times a month on NXT make his contract potentially expendable. It would be similar to Joe getting cut while being an announcer on a wrestler contract.